chapter sixteen

Darius POV (the next day)

I woke up to the ringing of the alarm.

I opened my eyes to see Avery still sleeping soundlessly besides me.

I got up, entered the bathroom and did my business.

I was taking a shower when I heard the sound of Avery's crying.

So, I quickly turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist and particularly ran out of the bathroom and towards Avery.

I picked her up as soon as I saw her making grabby hands towards me and crying 'daddy'.

She wrapped her hands around my neck, trying to grab my shirt but I wasn't wearing one, so all she could clutch was my hair and she hid her face into my neck.

"I t-thought y-you left me, d-daddy." She wailed.

"Baby, I promised you. I won't leave you again, ever." I said rocking her back and forth.

After a little while, she started to calm down.

"Would you like to go the amusement park with daddy?!" I asked with enthusiasm trying to make her excited.

"You won't leave me alone there, right, daddy?" She asked lifting her head from my neck and looking me into the eyes.

"Of course, baby." I told her and she nodded her head hesitantly.

°°°°°

I changed and helped her change as well and right now we are on our way to the amusement park.

I had the driver drive us as she is still not ready to let go of me.

Once we reached the amusement park, I hopped out of the car with Avery in my arms, payed for the tickets and entered.

As soon as Avery so the place, she clutched onto me harder because it was packed.

I started to rethink my decision of bringing her hear.

But I also saw her looking at the games with a spark in her eyes, a spark that I haven't seen for a while, a spark that I thought that I wouldn't see again.

But thankfully it was there and I don't have the heart to take it away.

"What do you want to ride first?" I asked her, she pointed to the mini pirate ship.

I took her there and waited in the line, it wasn't a long one.

"Daddy," I heard Avery say.

"Yes, baby, what is it?"

"You are going to ride with me, right?" She asked with hope in her eyes, hope that I couldn't crush.

"Yes, baby, I will ride with you." As soon as I said that, we took a seat and I was able to make her sit besides me.

But she insisted on holding my hand the whole ride.

When it got up so high, she squealed and held my hands tighter.

I looked at her and saw her smiling, I couldn't believe myself.

She was finally smiling.

I was so happy, finally. A big smile spread over my face.

°°°°°

We rode a few rides and Avery was starting to get tired.

I carried her and started to make my way to a food court that was in the park when Avery called for me.

"Yes, baby?" I said.

"Can we get the panda, daddy?" She asked pointing to a panda stuffed animal, that we have to throw a ring like thing on bottle and we have three trials.

"I will try, Ave." I said as I payed the man.

I tried to put Avery on the ground so I could aim, but she whimpered and tried to hold onto my bicep as I sat her on the floor.

"Baby, just hold onto my hand." I tried to unlatch her hands from around my arms.

"Baby, don't you want me to get you that panda?" I asked crouching down.

"But, I don't want t-to leave you." She said whimpering a little.

"You don't have to leave me, you will just hold onto my hands while I try to get you that panda." I tried to persuade her.

She hold onto my hand with one hand and onto my leg with the other.

I failed at the first two tries but then I won at the third attempt.

"Yeah! I got you the panda!" I said picking her up and throwing her into the air and catching her, making her smile and giggle a little.

I am so happy, if I knew that winning her some stuffed animal would make her giggle, I would have done it a long before

"Which stuffed animal do you want?" The man asked coldly.

"This panda." I said pointing to the panda that Avery wants.

I gave it to her and she clutched it in her hand and then pecked my cheek and rested her head on my shoulder mumbling a small 'thank you, daddy.'

I went to the food court and ordered a burger and fries and ordered for Avery some nuggets.

°°°°°

I sat at a table after getting my order and sat Avery on my lap.

I started to feed her as I ate and she just kept quiet.

I knew she was so tired after this long day.

After she finished her nuggets amd I finished my burger and fries, I called the driver.

He came quicker than I thought and I just picked Avery and held the panda as she fell asleep and her hand loosened from around it.

I hopped in the car and we made our way home.

I thanked him and picked Avery to the house and started to walk upstairs to put her in my bed.

I started to change slowly so she wouldn't wake up.

After I changed her, I took a shower and put on some pants and walked to the bed and held Avery close to me as I slipped into darkness.

~~~~~

Hope you liked this chapter, if you did don't forget to vote and comment.

And also don't forget to follow.

I REALLY WOULD LIKE IF YOU GUYS WENT AND CHECKED MY FRIEND'S STORY, IT'S A REALLY GOOD BOOK!

I PUT THE STORY'S LINK IN MY ABOUT.

IT'S CALLED 'THE HYBRID'

AND THIS IS HER ACCOUNT  JolySalah