chapter two

Darius POV

I got out of the office and waited for Avery to come downstairs.

Few moments later, I saw her walking downstairs holding a girl's hand tightly, the girl looked like she was 15 or 16 years old.

"Good morning, sir. I am Amelia, Avery's friend." The girl, Amelia introduced herself.

"Good morning. I am Darius king." I said, noticing that as time passed Avery's small hand keeps tightening around Amelia's.

"I know that you adopted Ave, but I just have a request." She said afraid for some reason, maybe of me refusing it or something.

"Of course, what is it?" I asked trying to make her at ease.

"I just would like if you would allow me and Avery to meet or just talk to each other on the phone, I am just gonna miss her so much, she is like my little sister, and not seeing her again or talking to her again feels like a nightmare. So would you?" She ranted, I think because of nervousness.

I looked at Avery, to see her looking at me with hope in her eyes.

"Of course, don't worry about that and you can talk to each other whenever you like. And when I have free time I can take you so you can meet Avery." I told her trying to reassure her.

"Here, that's my card, it has my personal and business number, you can call me whenever you want to talk to Avery" I said handing her my card.

"Thank you so much, sir!" She exclaimed in appreciation.

Amelia left Avery's hand as she kneeled to be at Avery's height, she then put the backpack on the ground and looked in Avery's eyes.

"Look, Ave! He is so nice. Didn't you tell me before that you would like the one who adopts you to be nice? Well, he is.
And you are gonna have a new home and we can still see each other and talk to each other. Isn't that nice?" She asked Avery in a sweet voice trying to cheer her up.

"It is nice, but you are not gonna be there." She told her pouting with a watery eyes.

"Whenever you feel like you want to talk to me, you can ask him and he will let us talk to each other. And he is not going to hurt you so don't worry. And remember that I love you so much, Ave."

As soon as she said those words Avery wrapped her hands around Amelia's neck so tightly.

"I love you too so much, Lia." Avery said sniffling and then she unwrapped her hands from around Amelia's neck and looked at me then back to Amelia who was still crouching in front of Avery

Amelia then stood up and gave me Avery's pack back.

"Is that all?" I asked her confused.

"Yeah."

I crouched to be at Avery's level.

"You can trust me, I pinky promise that I will never hurt you." I raised my pinky for her to link her own with mine.

She looked at me for a second then looked at Amelia who smiled and nodded her head.

She then slowly linked her pinky with mine looking into my eyes, and I smiled. I was so happy.

I stood up and reached my hand out for her to take.

She took my hand after a few moments of looking at it, but then left it again and hugged Amelia's leg again.

"Bye bye, Lia." She then waved at Amelia. And waited until Amelia smiled and raised her hands to wave at Avery.

"Bye, Ave, my baby." She said to Avery her eyes filling with tears but she held them in.