chapter thirteen

Darius POV

I went his desk and before we could talk the door opened and in came a police officer carrying my little girl as she was crying so hard and squirming in his arms.

Her eyes held so much fear, her body was full of bruises.

I couldn't stay where I was anymore but before I could run to her, she saw me.

"Daddy!!" She screamed reaching out for me.

I walked to her quickly and took her from the officer.

She clung to me and kept crying.

My heart was beating so fast and I didn't know what should I do next.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, baby. You are with me. You are with daddy. Everything is going to be okay. Just calm down. I am here. I am not leaving you again. I am sorry." At this point I didn't know if I was comforting her or myself.

A tear rolled down from my eyes. As I held her against me. She just wrapped her arms tighter around my neck and her legs around my waist.

She hid her face in my neck crying more but less than before.

"A man called us saying that he heard a scream coming from the house next to him and when he went to see what was happening a woman opened for him and told him it was none of his business so he called us because he saw a little girl laying on the floor and she was crying. So we went and we didn't find the women, we only found Avery." The officer that brought her explained making her tense in my arms as she heard an unfamiliar voice.

Before I could say anything, Leonard entered. He froze as soon as he saw me carrying Avery.

He ran to me and asked, "Is she okay?"

I felt her tense more in my arms and cling to me harder.

"I don't know, I think I have to take her to the hospital." I said and before I could get out, a police officer told me to sign a paper that stated that I have Avery with me.

I signed the paper and got out with Avery still in my arms and Leonard following close by.

I realized that she wouldn't let go of me so I could drive, so I asked Leonard, " Did you come with your car?"

"No, my car is getting fixed right now so I couldn't come with it."

"Great. Now, you drive my car to the hospital." I said and he understood immediately.

I got in the passenger seat and put Avery on my lap but she let go of my neck so I had to keep my head bent down.

The car started moving and we soon arrived at the hospital and I got up with her in my arms and entered the hospital quickly asking for a doctor.

°°°°

After a few minutes, we were in a hospital room and the doctor should be here soon, Leonard is sitting on the couch in the corner of the room as he doesn't want to scare Avery

I tried to sit her on the bed but she wouldn't let go so I sat at the bed with her in my arms and her head buried deep in my neck.

"Daddy." She mumbled sniffling.

"Yes, my baby girl. What's wrong?" I asked her getting worried.

"I don't wanna be away from you again." She said starting to sob again and buried her head in my neck again.

"You don't have to be away from me again, I am not letting you get hurt again. I promise." I said intending to keep my promise.

The doctor came in and as soon as she heard the door open and close she knew that someone entered as she also heard their footsteps, she started crying more and clung to me harder than before.

After a lot of time, I finally got her to calm down and let the doctor check her.

°°°°

After the doctor checked her, she clung to me again.

"Her back is full of bruises and cuts but the cuts aren't deep enough to need stitches. But I will write for her a few creams that you should put on her bruises. And her left hand is burnt so I will also write a cream for burns. The burn will go with time so are the bruises."  The doctor explained before leaving the room.

~~~~~~~~

I know it's a very short chapter but I promise you that the next chapter will be longer.

I hope you liked this chapter and if you did, don't forget to vote and comment.