chapter ten

I am sorry I failed to mention that when leo went to adopt Amelia, it has been a couple of days since Alicia's death

But anyways prepare yourself  for a surprise at the end of the chapter.

Enjoy!

°°°°°°°°°

Recap

"Good morning, sir. How can I help you?" She asked.

"I would like to adopt Amelia."

°°°°°°°

Leonard POV

I finally made my decision.

I will adopt Amelia.

She is so nice, kind and likes to help the people. She deserves to have a great life and to have a family to love and support her.

Maybe I am not the best family she will ever have but I will try my best to be with her to support her and to make her feel that there is people that care about her and love her.

My thoughts were cut short when Miss. Jessica talked.

"I knew you were going to adopt her but I didn't know when you will take that decision," Miss. Jessica said laughing a little. I was shocked that she knew that I love to the point that I decided to adopt her. "Anyway, I will go tell her that there is someone who wants to adopt her and see how she would react when she sees that it's you."

After a few minutes, Miss jessica and Amelia came downstairs.

As soon as they entered the room, her face became emotionless.

Did she not like the surprise?

She froze at her place for a few seconds, "Leo..." she finally spoke.

"Mr. Black is here today to adopt y.. "

Before Miss jessica could finish her sentence I was surprised by Amelia's reaction.

"Really?" She asked with a low voice that I barely heard her.

"Yeah?" I said.

She ran to me and wrapped her hands around my torso engulfing me in a hug.

When I realized that she was happy and that it was a good reaction I hugged her back immediately.

"Thank you leo." Amelia said shyly backing from the hug.

"You are welcome, Lia."

"Amelia, go now pack your bag and Mr. Black here is going to sign some papers." Miss jessica told Amelia.

Amelia made her way upstairs as I started to sign some papers.

When she came downstairs, Miss. Jessica said smiling "Now you are officially Amelia Black."

"Bye Miss. Jessica." Amelia said hugging Miss. Jessica.

"Bye Miss. Jessica." I said smiling as she blushed and said a small 'bye'.

Amelia smiled shyly as I took her bag from her and made our way to the car.

"Would you like to go and surprise Avery?" I asked her as we hopped into the car.

"Yeah."

"Let's first put your bag at home and then go surprise Avery."

°°°°°°

Darius POV (at the beginning of the day)

I woke up with Avery sound asleep in my arms.

I was sad because of how she was so upset yesterday when she had that nightmare.