chapter nine

Darius POV

It has been 2 days since the accident. I called the ambulance immediately and once we were there, the hospital called her husband, Mr. Max Bennett.

Right now, Alicia and Jamie at the hospital, Alicia's husband is with them.

Alicia is in the intensive care and she is in a coma. Jamie was in a normal room, he has a broken arm and a few bruised ribs.He just has to take it easy.

I went into Avery's room to see her still sleeping peacefully.

I walked over to her and sat beside her and started to wake her softly.

"Wake up, baby, we have to go visit jamie's mother today." I said with a soft voice shaking her lightly.

She rubbed her eyes then looked at me with an adorable smile " Good morning, daddy."

"Good morning, baby girl." I said ruffling her hair.

"C'mon let's get food in that stomach of yours, little girl." I carried her on my hip walking down stairs.

When we entered the kitchen we found Mrs. Josephine making pancakes.

"Good morning, Mr. Darius, Good morning, Avery." Mrs. Josephine greeted us.

"Good morning, Mrs. Josephine." Replied Avery.

"Good morning." I replied with a smile.

"Would you like pancakes for breakfast" Mrs. Josephine asked us. I looked at avery waiting for her answer

"yes." She said with a big smile. I smiled at how adorable is her smile then nodded 'yes' to Mrs. Josephine.

Mrs. Josephine prepared two plates one for Avery with chocolate and strawberry Avery's favourite and one for me with maple syrup.

I took the plates from Mrs. Josephine and thanked her.

We ate our breakfast then I take Avery shower her and dressed her in a sweat pants and t-shirt as I think today is going to be a long day.

°°°°°°°

We are in front of the hospital. I am carrying Avery as she became more clingy since the accident.

"How can I help you ?" Asked the receptionist.

"I would like to know which rooms Mrs. Bennett and jamie Bennett are?" I asked her.

She searched for the names at the computer then looked at me after a few seconds.

"Room 314 and 315, 3rd floor." I thanked her then went to the elevator with Avery still in my arms, I clicked the 3rd floor.

I started searching for their rooms once we reached the 3rd floor.

306...308...310...312...314 here it is and 315 is opposite to it.

When we entered the room we found jamie sitting at the bed with a pouty face and Mr. Bennett sitting at a chair next to the bed.

"Good morning." I greeted them putting Avery on her feet.
"Good morning." Replied Mr. Bennett.

"Why are you sad jamie." I heard Avery ask Jamie with a concerned face.

"My arm hurts." Replied Jamie furrowing his eyebrows.

I looked beside me to find Avery struggling to get on the bed so I helped her.

"Be careful, Avery. Jamie is still tired."

"Okay daddy" She said and then looked at Jamie to see him frowning "Don't be sad, jamie, If I kiss it will it make it better?"

He blushed and looked down at his lap shrugging.