chapter eleven

Sorry for the late update but I have been busy this past week but I promise to try to update more regularly.

~~~~~~~~

Darius POV

I called one of the bodyguards to ask about Avery, I was worried sick about Avery after I saw that picture.

He answered on the first ring.

"where is Avery?" I asked with worry lacing in my voice.

There was a pause before he answered, but what I didn't know was that I wasn't ready for the answer that I was about to hear.

"She was kidnapped, sir. We couldn't stop them, they took her from Mrs. Josephine's hand."

"What do you mean you couldn't stop them?! Why are you there to begin with?! You are there to make sure that she is safe!" I was yelling with heavy breath.

I hung up on him and called Leonard..

"Avery is gone, she is taken. What do I do? I don't know. Should I go to the police or call a tracker myself? I really don't know."

"What do you mean she is taken? Go to the police station and I will be there."

I hung up and then left the office hurriedly, Carter called after me as she saw me leaving in a hurry.

I ignored her and entered the elevator, it felt like hours, when it finally descended I left the building and hopped into the car.

I drove over the speed limit, I didn't care anymore, I just need my baby girl to be safe and okay.

°°°°°°°°°

I pulled over at the police station and made my way to the building.

"How can I help you sir?" One of the police asked me, he was sitting behind a desk.

"My daughter was kidnapped and I want to fill a case. I need to find her quickly."

"Can you show me a picture of her so we could put it in the case, in case we found her." I gave him a picture.

"What's her name and age?"

"Her name is Avery king and she is four."

"Is there anything that could lead us to the kidnapper like enemies?"

"Well, I have been receiving threatening messages and I also know that her mother may be involved in the kidnapping." I told him.

"Did you have problems with the mother? I mean did she not want to give you the baby or what?" He asked confused as to why her own mother would do such a thing to her daughter.

"No, I am not her biological father, I adopted her but I knew some things from her friend at the adoption center.

"Her friend said that Avery told her everything and from what I know is that her mother was abusing Avery and her sister Riley and that her mother killed Riley from the abuse."

"Okay, I will fill the case..."

*Flashback*

I was leaving now to the office and Avery was staying at the house with Mrs. Josephine.

But I just remembered something. The necklace that I had it made for Avery was finally finished.

"Avery!" I called her.

"Daddy!" She squealed running to me and giving my leg a hug as that was all she could reach.

"You haven't left, yet?! You changed your mind?! You are gonna stay home with me today?!" She asked excited.