chapter eight

Here is the chapter that I promised to write.

~~~~~~~~~

Darius POV

Mrs. Josephine called me the day before yesterday asking for a few more days off as her son was still ill.

So I have to take Avery with me to the company today as it was Monday.

I woke her up with some difficulty because she had nightmare last night so she woke up in the middle of the night and it took some time to put her back to sleep.

She wanted to match with me. I wore a grey suit with white button up shirt and helped her wear a grey short and white blouse.

Right now, I was pulling over at the company and helped Avery out of her seat.

I took her hand and entered the company.

As soon as I entered I heard a lot of 'aww' ing.

I know it was because Avery is cute and adorable but also because we were matching.

"You are so cute" One of my employees told her. Causing her to be so shy and hide behind my leg.

I smiled at her adorableness and entered my private elevator, I crouched down and held both of her hand in mine.

"You don't have to be shy, baby." I said kissing her nose knowing that would make her laugh.

She laughed and then hugged me tightly.

"I love you, daddy, so so much." She said making me smile so hard, I was so happy that she loves me.

"I love you more, my baby."

The elevator door opened as I stood up, I took her hand in mine and walked to the secretary.

"Good morning, sir." She greeted me fixing her blouse in an inappropriate way.

"Good morning." I greeted her back.

"Ohh, hey, Aviana." She said with a sickly sweet voice. I didn't understand who was she greeting until I saw her looking at Avery.

"Her name is Avery not Aviana." I told her starting to get irritated as I felt that Avery starting to get uncomfortable, she was holding my hands tightly as her brows were furrowed and she was pouting adorably.

"Oh, sorry. So I was thinking we could have lunch together or even better, dinner. So what do you-?"

"Yes, baby?" I said cutting her off as I felt Avery tugging at my hand.

"Can we go to your office now, daddy?" She asked me, making the secretary, Carter, turn red as she got embarrassed.

"Of course, baby." I was trying so hard to stop myself from laughing.

"Get me my morning coffee." I told Carter and then entered the office with Avery.

I closed the office door behind me and picked Avery.

I sat on the chair behind my desk with Avery on my lap.

"Daddy?" She asked.

"Yes, baby?"

"Who is the women who was outside?"

"She is my secretary."

"What is a secretary?" She asked genuinely confused.

"Well, a secretary is an employee who helps their employer to schedule meetings and things like that." I told her as simply as I can.

"So why can't you do that yourself?"