chapter twenty four

Important author note at the end!

Avery's POV

"Mommy?"

I was so confused and scared, I was afraid that she will take me away like last time.

I want to stay with daddy and Austin.

"You! Little shit! Do you know what you did to me?!" She started to shout and I don't know what to do.

Darius POV

I headed to the living room while holding Austin's hands.

I then saw Avery standing by the door, and her mother, Sidney (A/N.. I don't remember if I mentioned her name but if I mentioned it, it would be great if you could remind me.) Standing in front of her while yelling.

"You! Little shit! Do you know what you did to me?!" Sidney yelled at Avery making her flinch and turn around to run inside, she saw me and ran straight into my arms, I left Austin's hand and picked Avery up immediately.

She held onto my neck tightly as I called out for the bodyguards before Sidney could run.

They got her before she could leave.

"Ahhhhhh! I won't leave you!!" She yelled as she was dragged by the bodyguards out of the house.

"Call the police to get her." I said after the bodyguards.

"Hey, baby. Everything is going to be okay." I started to cradle her.

°°°°°

It has been a few days and Austin is still getting used to his new home.

It was Saturday, I called Leonard and he said that he is gonna bring Amelia and come.

I also talked with Avery about opening the door without an adult.

The door bell rang and a maid opened the door for Leonard and Amelia.

Amelia POV

Me and dad have been at Darius's for an hour but I still didn't see Avery, I only saw Austin.

"Where is Avery?" I asked looking around for her.

"I don't know, I think she is in her room." Darius said frowning.

I headed to her room to see her sitting on her bed with her head between her knees.

I walked over to her quickly, and sat beside her.

"What's wrong, Ave?" I asked her softly.

"I am sad." She said sniffling.

"Why are you sad?" I asked her again.

"Daddy doesn't love me anymore." She said sobbing.

I picked her and put her on my lap.

"Why are saying that? You know that Darius loves you."

"Because he always talks with Austin and when I tell him about my day at school, he doesn't sound as excited as he does when he talks with Austin. I know that Austin is new but I also want to talk with daddy like I used to."

It was hard to understand her as she was sobbing so hard, I hugged her tightly.

"Baby, he loves you so much but he just wants to make him feel at home, I know that you might feel that he doesn't love you anymore, but he loves more than anything but now he is also gonna love Austin the same. So don't you ever think that he doesn't love you."

I started to hear her sniffling then she buried her face in my chest.

We cuddled for a few moments, then I looked down at Avery, I don't like to see her like that, her puffy red eyes and stained cheeks, it's been a while since she cried like that.

I know that Darius didn't mean to upset her, so I think I should tell him.

I put Avery on the bed, "I will come back, okay." I said and she nodded

I left the room and went down to see Darius talking with Leonard.

"Darius, I think you should go talk with Avery." I told him and sat beside dad.

"Why?"

"You should see for yourself."

Darius POV

I walked to see what's wrong with Avery.

I entered her room and found her crying.

I ran to her and sat beside her on the bed and hugged her tightly, she hugged me back.

"What's wrong?"

"You don't love me anymore." She said sobbing.

"Why would you say something like that?"

When she told me why she was sad, I started to feel so bad.

"I didn't mean any of that, baby. I just didn't want to make him feel that he isn't one of us, I didn't mean to ignore you. I love you baby, so much. You will never know how much I love you. I promise you that I will never do that again. Can you forgive me?"

"It's okay, daddy. I love you too and I forgive you."

°°°°

It has been a few days since Sidney was taken by the cops and I was now at the company while Avery and Austin were at school.

I was about to leave to get them from school and take them to the park.

I left the company and headed to my car and drove off to their school.

Once I parked the car, I saw Avery and Austin running to the car together.

"Hey, daddy!"

"Hey, dad." They said at the same time as I helped them get in their car seats.

"Hey!" I said when I reentered the car.

"How was your day?" I asked them.

"It was amazing, me and Austin and Jamie and Jennifer and Arielle played a lot at recess and at art I colored so many pictures!" Avery said excitedly.

"That's great baby. What about you Austin?"

"I got 10 out of 10 at my exam, I was so happy and at art I draw a picture of us, you and me and Avery." Austin said happily.

"That's awesome. How about we all go to the park and get some ice cream?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" They both said at the same time.

~~~~~

Hey guys!

Hope you are all doing good!

Here is an early chapter!

So, there is only one chapter left. But don't worry, there is gonna be a lot of bonus chapters, with them young and some when they get older.

Avery maybe, maybe not get a boyfriend at the future which will not go good considering her protective father and maybe protective brother 😉

So, anyways, if you liked this chapter don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!