chapter four

(Avery's outfit)

Darius POV

A few hours later, I told Leonard that I am going to wake Avery up to have lunch and then go to the park. But then I remembered to call Mrs.Summers to let Amelia go to the park.

I called her, at first she refused but I convinced her so she agreed.

I went to Avery's room and opened the door carefully trying to not make a sound as to not startle her.

I saw her still sleeping so I shook her gently. She hummed and slowly opened her eyes  and blinked adjusting to the light.

"Good afternoon ,baby." I told her smiling.

"Good afternoon, Darius." I felt my heart clenching as she called me by my name, but I will wait.

"Come on, let's  get you changed and have lunch and then we can go to the park to meet Amelia." At that she got excited and got up quickly. I followed her to the walk in closet to see her looking at the clothes with so much concentration.

And then, she looked at me and said softly," Can you help me pick out my outfit?"

"Ok, but you have to help me pick out my outfit too." I told her smiling.

"Okay, okay!" She said excitedly. I chuckled and picked a white and yellow short, a white t-shirt and white sandals.I helped her put them on.

As soon as she was dressed she ran to my room and I followed her to my room, she looked at me for permission as she stood in front of my room. I nodded and she entered excitedly and walked in my walk in closet and picked out a black jeans and a white t-shirt.

"Do you like it, dadd- Darius?" She was about to say it and I was so happy but I don't want to rush her so I acted like I didn't notice.

"Yeah, I love it." I took the outfit that she picked and entered the bathroom. I changed into it and got out to see her sitting on my bed.

"Can you do my hair?"

"Of course." I put her hair in a ponytail and brushed her bangs.

"Thank you!" She said happily. She stood on the bed, kissed my cheek and then blushed. I smiled and kissed her forehead. I carried her to see that Leonard had prepared lunch for us.

"Good afternoon, uncle Leonard." She greeted him and he smiled and greeted her back.

°°°°°°°

After we finished lunch it was 2:30 so I picked Avery and put her on my hip. As me and Leonard headed to the car.

Leonard hopped in the passenger seat as I placed Avery in her car seat and fastened her belt. And hopped in the driver's seat.

We arrived to the park at 2:50. I got out of the car and carried Avery out of the car and put her on the ground. She held my hand as I walked to a bench with Leonard following close by.

I sat down with Leonard beside me as I told Avery to go play until Amelia comes.

She went to the slides and slid down a few times with me watching her carefully.

I heard Avery squeal as soon as I turned my head to take my phone to call Amelia to see why she was late as it was 3:15.

I looked up to see Avery running to a smiling Amelia.

Amelia picked her up when she reached her and laughed when Avery kissed her cheek and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you." I heard Avery say and Amelia told her that she misses her too.