chapter seven

That's the dress that Avery wore at the diner

Darius POV

Leonard told me that he was going to take Amelia and bring her here to see Avery as a surprise, since today is Saturday and I am home.

I also decided not to tell Avery that Amelia is coming to surprise her.

It was 8:00 AM, when I went to Avery's room to wake her up.

I entered her room and sat beside her on the bed and started to play with her hair.

She started to stir a little bit until she opened her beautiful blue eyes.

I smiled warmly at her and kissed her forehead. "Good morning, babygirl." I mumbled.

"Good morning, daddy." She said taking my face in her small little hands and kissed my cheek sweetly.

I smiled blowing raspberries in her stomach making her laugh loudly.

"D-daddy, stooop!!" She said laughing, pushing my head away. I stopped and raised my head smiling at her.

I carried her to the toilet, I bathed her and helped her brush her teeth and then we started to pick an outfit for the day.

I picked her up and went to the kitchen and sat on a stool with Avery on my lap waiting for Mrs. Josephine to make breakfast.

"Good morning,Josephine."

"Good morning, Mrs Josephine!"

"Good morning, my dears." Mrs. Josephine greeted us back with a tight smile and when I looked at her closely I noticed that her eyes were red and puffy and I knew that she was crying.

"Daddy, how is your hair so long? Isn't boy's hair short and girl's hair tall?" She said looking at me with confusion as she tried to touch my hair but couldn't reach it.

So I raised her and put her on the island in front of me so she was high enough to reach my hair.

She patted my hair still looking at me with wondering eyes.

"Sometimes girls cut their hair like Mrs. Josephine and sometimes boys grow their hair like me, baby." I told her smiling.

"Oohhh."

"Yeah." I said chuckling as Josephine put breakfast on the island." Now let's eat, Ave."

I picked her up and put her on the chair beside me.

"You have to eat quickly because there is a surprise after breakfast." I told her.

"What is it?! What is it?!" She said excitedly.

"No baby, you have to eat first."

°°°°°

We had just finished eating breakfast when the door bell rang.

Mrs. Josephine went to open the door while I took Avery to wash her hands.

When we got downstairs, Leonard and Amelia were in the living room.

"Amelia!!" Avery squealed and ran to Amelia as Amelia crouched down. She ran straight in her arms and hugged her so tight. I watched them smiling.

Avery POV

"Amelia! I helped Mrs. Josephine make cookies yesterday. C'mon, I want you to try it." I said dragging her with me to the kitchen.

"Mrs. Josephine! Can you give Amelia some cookies so she can try them?!" I said excitedly.

"Of course, dear." She said giving Amelia cookies.

Amelia tried it and then moaned," It's sooo good."