chapter twenty two

Darius POV

I was on my way to the police station after I finally convinced Avery to stay home with the maid and Adam.

I was happy that Kathrine got captured but I am really curious what she wants from me.

As soon as I arrived, I got out of the car and entered the station.

"Mr. King, this way."

They showed me a room that they are keeping Kathrine in.

I entered to find Kathrine sitting on a chair in a dark room.

She was really different from the woman I knew.

She was in a bad shape with dark circles under her eyes.

I sat in front of her with a table separating us.

"What do you have to tell me?" I asked her.

"First, I want to tell you how I was at that warehouse were you found me.

"I was so mad that you left me after what I did even after I apologized so I knew that you had a daughter from Josephine after I threatened her son, so don't be mad at her, I called Avery's mother and helped her kidnap Avery.

"I told Josephine to take Avery to the park and walk to the black car that was there, and when someone takes Avery from her hand, she leaves her and don't fight.

"So we got Avery, and I started to threaten you, but then Avery's mother stabbed me in the back and kidnapped me and put me in that warehouse were you found me."

She told everything in a raspy voice. I was so surprised with what she just said.

I didn't know what to say really, I was mad at her but confused that she apologized but then..that apology doesn't mean anything.

She helped in kidnapping my daughter.

"Do you have anything else to say?" I asked her coldly.

"No." She mumbled.

I stood up and left without a word.

°°°°=

As I parked the car I hopped out of it.

What I saw when I entered the house melted my heart.

Adam was giving Avery a piggy back ride and when he spined she laughed loudly.

Avery was the first to notice me, "daddy!"

Adam noticed my presence, he put Avery down on her feet.

I approached them, when I was infront of them Avery raised her hand for me to pick her up, I picked her and put her on my hips.

She hugged me tightly, an action like this never failed to ease my worries, "I missed you, daddy."

"I missed you too, baby."

"Did you have fun?" I asked her.

"Yes, me and Adam had fun." She said smiling.

"Thank you, Adam for staying with her today." I said as Avery put her head on my shoulder.

"Thank you for letting me stay with her. It actually meant a lot. You let me see my daughter, so thank you so much."

"It's fine, we can decide on another day so you could meet her again." Avery yawned rubbing her eyes with her fists as I said that.

I rocked her as I talked to Adam.

"It's time for bed." I told her as soon as Adam left

I put her in bed.

"What happened today, baby?"

"A few kids kept bullying me but Austin yelled at them and told them not to make fun of me again." She told me.

I was furious, how could someone bully her. But I was happy that Austin defended her.

"If anything like this ever happened again, you tell me immediately, okay?"

"Okay, daddy."

°°°

It was Saturday today so me and Avery were having breakfast.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Why don't I see grandma and grandpa."

I stayed quiet thinking of way to tell her.

*Flashback*

"How could you do this to me?! I told you I don't want to marry her!"

"But it's for your benefit." My dad said calmly.

"I am not gonna marry her."

"Then you won't have the company." He threatened me.

I was so angry, I was shaking from anger, How could they do that to me?! How could my mum accept what he did to me?!

"Fine!"

*Flashback ends*

When I got married to her, I began to love Kathrine but then she had to go and cheat on me.

"They hurt me, so I couldn't stay with them or talk to them again." I told her as simply as I could, when I got a phone call.

I answered.

"Hey, Is this Mr. King?" A feminine voice said.

"Yes, who is it?"

"I am officer skyler, we have a boy, and we are sure that he is your son, and it would be amazing of you could come and take him as his mother Kathrine is in court and we can't leave him alone, so he should be with his father."

"He was found at his house alone so if you wouldn't mind coming to pick him up, that would be great."

"What's his name?" I asked not knowing how to feel that I have a son that I didn't know about.

"His name is Austin king."

°°°°
Dun Dun Dun!!

Sorry again for the late update but I really had school work to do!

If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment!