The Boy in the Ocean

Chapters being edited to improve quality currently.

Edited: 4/2/2022

OO OO OO OO

Perseus Jackson's Fate shifted when he was a mere eight years old.

The cause was simple, far simpler than a Fate rending cause ought to be. The catalyst was a Television show, Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Truly, it could be viewed as strange that something as simple as a mere TV show could change a person's Fate, but it did.

For without this show, Perseus Jackson would have lived a far different life.

The boy, Percy, had stumbled upon the show by chance, when his step-father was out one day. It had him hooked from the start.

A world of powers, of children wanting adventure, a boy with a scar who was tossed aside by his father, a girl who loved water, a boy who was so happy and kind.

Yes, for Perseus Jackson this show was truly remarkable. It was a show that captured his attention and shaped his life.

He adored Aang, the main character who could control all of the elements (air, water, earth, and fire). He loved Sokka, with no powers but a quick wit and a skill with weapons. He was in awe of Toph, who was firm and determined and turned her disability into her greatest strength. He found delight in Suki, who wielded her fans fiercely and was herself through all danger.

And then there was the one he loved the most, his favorite character Katara.

Katara was the big sister, the one who protected all the others. She was kind, but she was fierce. She fought against all those that harmed her friends, and used her powers to do good.

And she did so much good. Perseus was in awe of her, a figure that could raise the sea, stop the rain, command a tsunami, wield daggers of ice, or even heal with water. She could turn water into blades, form bridges of woven ice, control vines, and so much more.

Perseus looked to her in awe, she was truly remarkable.

And after this Fateful, Fate-shaping, day... she became his role model as well.

OO OO OO OO

Today Percy was at the beach, Montauk. His mom had brought him, just the two of them. There was no Gabe to ruin the day, just him and his mom having fun at the beach.

He hadn't been in a few years, and he was delighted to be back.

It was a lovely day to be at the beach, with a shining sun and warm breeze. The water was perfect, though it always was for Percy. He'd made a lovely sandcastle, his mom helped him decorate it, and now that that was done and his mom was working on dinner, he was playing in the waves.

He didn't mind being alone, there were plenty of games he could play on his own.

Like waterbending! He liked to pretend he was Katara at home, but didn't really have the water to do it. Bath time was to clean mom always said.

But the ocean wasn't to clean, it was to play, and he wanted to be a waterbender. Like Katara!

He'd seen the finale today, and it was incredible. Katara had just frozen Azula, tricked her into getting over the water and froze her and used that breathing trick (one from Aang , he loved the way they could also use each others tricks) and tied her up. She made it look so easy.