vi. | Unladylike

C H A P T E R   S I XUnladylike

Unladylike

It had been a month since the incident. Though she didn't tell anyone about it, Delia had to lie her way through that morning. She could recall her Aunt asking her where she had been that morning, she replied with, "I was out for a morning walk." She exclaimed which was overly dramatic but she hoped that aspect would distract her Aunt from her blatant lie.

     Delia's Aunt wasn't convinced but Delia thinks she let it go as she knew her niece wouldn't spill any of her secrets. But that wasn't the only trouble Delia got herself in that month. She knew that somehow, like a feeling in her gut.

     Later that day after she lied about her whereabouts, Delia decided to go see Laurie once again, she walked as calmly as she could to his house but before she could knock on his large wooden front door when she saw him walking to the March household. She ran as fast as she could after him and was able to wrap her arm around Laurie's neck, taking him down onto the grassy ground.

     "Delia..." Laurie immediately fumbled to the floor, groaning and prying at her arm as it was still wrapped around his neck, loosely.

     "This is very unladylike of you!" He grumbled jokingly.

     "Good thing I'm no lady!" She replied almost instantly, countering his remarks like she was a natural. Out of the corner of both of their sets of eyes, they could see someone that resembled Jo March. Laurie could recognize her from a crowd almost immediately, they were close after all.

     "Jo!" He screamed for her help, the figure immediately turned to the wrestling two, Jo grinned, sighing before running towards them and slowly prying Delia's arm off Laurie's neck.

     "You won this time, Theo." Delia brushes herself down while breathing harshly.

     "This isn't fair play." Delia pushed him playfully.

     "Nobody said anything about fair play, Lia." He let out a cackle before turning to Jo.

     "Getting yourself in trouble again?" Jo questioned, raising an eyebrow at him.

     "Possibly..." Laurie grinned.

     "How're your sisters?" He asked Jo and she replied with a "Good," while Delia just stood there awkwardly, feeling out of place in this situation.

     "Come along if you will, Delia." Jo looked at Lia and smiled. Delia nodded and followed the two that were in front of her as they walked to the March household.

     "Meg! Have you seen my toothbrush?" A girl that Delia assumed was much younger than the rest yelled to her sister.

     "Amy, the only place a toothbrush belongs is in the washroom. Where did you put it last?" The eldest sister, Meg questioned.