xxi. Settle Down

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - O N E Settle   Down

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E
Settle Down

She was still stuck in her bubble. Delia had decided that it would be for the best if she left New Hampshire and stayed in Massachusetts for a longer amount of time.

After the debacle, Delia felt uncomfortable staying in her home or going outside. At night she would stay up with her eyes open, blinking every 3 minutes while hitting herself with her pillow, trying to get rid of the thought of Arry walking away from her.

He did the right thing though, she would find herself thinking, she was a horrible influence. She was lazy and distracting Arry from his work. Delia didn't do work, she just stays at home all day. Usually, she'd just help her mother around the house with chores and handling her younger sisters.

But she thought it was time for a change, and so she agreed that she would get a job while in Massachusetts.

A farm was in a desperate need of hands and was offering a position there to pick ripe foods, water crops and to catch bugs that could cause harm to the crops. The salary was decent, or decent to Delia since she had never been in a full commitment job before.

There was one time she decided to teach music to very few tiny children. They didn't even pay attention, likely that they didn't even learn anything at all.

She's never really committed to anything as a matter of fact. The idea struck her as though it was a forgotten memory being remembered.

Delia had considered finding somewhere else to live other than in her aunt and uncle's house. She felt out of place there, she was no child, she was an adult and she felt the need to live on her own.

Her mother would never agree though, she would be afraid of terrible things coming after her daughter. It was a nice thought while it lasted, given everything she had, Delia didn't have a choice but to stay at Aunt Marie and Uncle Daryl's home.

They didn't seem to mind, they were an old couple that was just trying to live out the rest of their lives without any problems. She wouldn't be around the house a lot anyway.

Delia would either be at the farm or at her friends, hell even being at a ball would be more likely than at home. At nights, Arry's image would haunt her. It was like he didn't want to leave her memory but she was struggling for the opposite.

The more she thought about Arry the more it would bother her. It was better if she'd just forget. They had good times but she must move on.