xiv. | A Year In Waiting

C H A P T E R   F O U R T E E N A   Year   In   Waiting

A   Year   In   Waiting

C H A P T E R   F O U R T E E N A   Year   In   Waiting

It was happening all over again, like a time loop. Delia stepped off the carriage, thanking the coachman before helping her sisters out. Their mother decided it was best for her to stay home as she had to keep the house running and make money for the family.

     None of them argued, it seemed like arguing wasn't the way to go for their household in the past weeks.

The coachman stepped off of his seat behind the horses and ran to the trunk to get the girls their suitcases. The coachman looked familiar to Delia but she decided to not say a peep, she didn't want to make the man uncomfortable.

"Where are we staying at?" Charlotte questioned, looking out at the vast land.

"Aunt Marie and Uncle Daryl, hopefully, they won't torment you two." Delia joked before walking forward and onward to the Acker household there in Concord.

Delia's joke wasn't a very funny one as no one laughed however, her mind was in cloud nine, she didn't even notice the negatives at that point. 

On the long trek to their Aunt and Uncle's house, Charlotte and Harriet were refusing to let out screams of joy, they bit their lip and balled their hands into fists and Delia noticed.

"Stop that," She nudged both of her sisters with a reasonable amount of force.

"We can't help it," Harriet said, staring at the ground.

"Yeah, we aren't like you. Sometimes you're like an emotionless ghost." Charlotte mumbled that comment made Delia take Charlotte's hand and forced her to face her, glaring at her younger sister before dropping their hands and continuing to walk.

Once Delia saw the Laurence house, she stopped, breathing in the fresh air and looking at the home with a thoughtful expression.

Charlotte and Harriet seemed to notice something was off and decided to continue walking even though they had no idea where their aunt and uncle's house is, they just wanted to leave Delia alone for a moment.