xi. | Farewell... Laurie

C H A P T E R   E L E V E N Farewell

C H A P T E R E L E V E N
Farewell...   Laurie

Everything felt strange to Delia, there was a large chunk of her heart that felt as if she grew up in Concord but she knew she had to go back home

Everything felt strange to Delia, there was a large chunk of her heart that felt as if she grew up in Concord but she knew she had to go back home. And that's how her heart was ripped apart.

     She loved this place, she could deal with Aunt Marie and Uncle Daryl, they weren't always horrible to her. They were responsible guardians but they took her in for the wrong reason.

     Delia's mother didn't talk much about Aunt Marie, her sister and Delia assumed that she and her sister were just not close but now that she thinks about it, she thinks something happened between them, an event that caused them some issues.
Enough of that thought, Delia told herself to quit it and she was back in reality.

     She was in her nearly empty room once more, it was like the first day she walked in there, her suitcase was in hand with everything she brought with her inside of it except there was a slight change, in her right hand, she clutched her gifted guitar.

     Delia tried to play it as much as she could in the past few days leading up to her leave but she didn't find much time. Delia knew once she got home her sisters would use it and it would become all banged and scratched up.

     Nevertheless, she hoped it still worked after all it will go through. She sauntered down the stairs and saw her aunt and uncle standing at the bottom of the staircase.

     "It's time to go," Aunt Marie stated in a hurried manner though she had a feeling she wanted Delia to stay. Aunt Marie brought this upon Delia though and Delia wouldn't forget.

     Setting her things down on the ground and dinner table, Delia took her bonnet lying there on a chair and placed it on her head, tying the ribbon to secure it in place.

     It was a blue bonnet with a light blue ribbon, white flowers that resembled daisies covered a good part of the bright blue colour.

     Her hands gripped onto her things once again and she walked out the door. Uncle Daryl and Aunt Marie walked with her to the road. It was a quiet moment, only the flapping of bird's wings and blowing of wind in their ears were heard.