x. | Vaguely Familiar

C H A P T E R   T E N Vaguely   Familiar

Vaguely   Familiar

"It's a song you say?" Jo perked an eyebrow at Delia, staring down at the paper with her hands crossed.

"I wrote it as a song I guess, I'm assuming it's a song, it could very well be a poem." She explained, there was a look of conflict that settled over all the girls.

"Will you sing it for us?" Beth asked, a glint of hope in her eyes as she fluttered her eyelids.

"I... yes, I will. I don't have an instrument or instruments for the song yet so it'll just be raw "talent"."

"Talent that you have," Jo responded, gesturing for her sisters to stand up with her.

"Now presenting..." Jo started.

"Delia Acker and her first live show performing...?"

"Uh... Wonderland," Delia blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Off she goes!" Amy grinned with excitement visible in her voice.

"Off she goes..." Meg repeated.

There was a pause before Delia sang softly, her voice filling the room as she glanced down at the paper for reference of the words because she didn't memorize it yet. It was nothing fancy, she didn't want to scare anyone with loud vocals, she only wanted this to be something people would sing by campfires like folk songs about legends and fairytales.

"I see forever, in those sweet, chocolate brown eyes. " Laurie, she thought to herself, picturing him in her mind.

Gods if he found out that she wrote a song partially about him, she would die from embarrassment. She ended the song rushed and
with a shaky voice from her scary thoughts but nevertheless, the girls clapped for their friend.

"It's definitely a song," Amy stated, leaning in forward intrigued.

"Sing it a few more times and maybe it'll be stuck in my head." Jo said, patting Delia on the shoulder as a way of saying, "good job."

"You're good, Delia." Beth smiled as bright as day and Meg nodded in agreement while looking down at her sister.

"Who's the one with chocolate brown eyes?" Jo smirked, she was teasing Delia it worked. Delia's cheeks suddenly became warm and red, they radiated heat.

"Don't tell Laurie about this song..." Delia begged softly, her eyes jerked to the ground, too embarrassed to even look at her friends.

"We won't make any promises," Jo replied for everyone, Delia felt like a turtle hiding in its shell for the prey to go away, she didn't exactly like it when Jo teased her but she didn't mind because she didn't do it too often but she still wasn't fond of it.