xviii. About Laurie...

C H A P T E R   E I G H T E E N About   Laurie

About   Laurie...

Just like before, Arry and Delia sat next to each other surveying the activities that were happening in front of them. Arry found that something was bothering Delia heavily. There wasn't that brightness in her eyes or liveliness. She wasn't the same.

     Arry thought that if he gave her time, she would naturally go back to normal, sadly there wouldn't be time for that.

     "Delia, you've been like this for the past few days since you've been home. You can't leave me here hanging without answers." Arry sighed, turning his head to face his friend.

     "I'm sorry, alright, Arry? I just can't shake this bad feeling in my gut." Delia looked to the ground, not tempted to turn her gaze to Arry.

     "Tell me, maybe I'll be able to help." He seemed so sure, Delia thought, frowning sorrowfully.

     "No, it's fine, Arry. I don't want to bother you with my thoughts." Delia mumbled, finally turning and acknowledging Arry's existence next to her.

     "It's noon, you should get going."

     "Actually... I was thinking of bringing you over to my home." Arry smirked, it was his plan of getting Delia back and happy.

     "Really? Never thought I'd see the light of day." Delia smiled evidently. Tapping her leg with excitement and anxiousness. There was that swallowing feeling again. She hadn't felt it in nearly two weeks, it seemed to Delia that it would never stop terrorizing her.

     "Well, what are you waiting for?" Delia questioned, standing up and pulling at Arry's arm.

     "Alright, alright! No need to be impatient now." Arry chuckled, then turning to the boys and informing them it's time to go home.

     The group of friends frowned but didn't object. In a huddle, they walked with one another, side by side, heading home. Then they neared a house which belonged to Yves.

     "Mother! Father!" Yves screeched, running towards his parents who held their arms out wide for Yves to hug them.

     "Bye, William, Lewis, Charles and Earnest! Goodbye, Arry and Ms. Delia!" Yves waves cheerfully before his parents took him into his house and shut the door. It continued on like this for the four other boys until finally, Delia and Arry were left alone.

     "Don't get too tired, Delia. My house isn't that far away from Charles'." Arry grinned, catching onto Delia's gaining slowness in movement.

     "You don't know what you're talking about, Arry Whitby," Delia replied, staring at him out of the corner of her eye.

     "Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, Miss Acker."