⚜5⚜ Late night work

Jin

My stomach is growling from hunger, but thankfully I'm almost done with the final touches of the room. I put the cleaning supplies back in the cabinet where I found them and when I take a look around I'm actually pretty proud of my work. It's sparkling clean by now, so Taehyung shouldn't have anything to complain about. It wasn't that bad to begin with anyway.

A knock on the door gains my attention and I'm a bit confused as to why Taehyung would be knocking to be let into his own room. Either way I go to open up and I'm surprised when I see Jungkook standing there looking like an absolute God. He's dressed to the nines and when his hair is pushed back it really shows off his chiseled jawline. He starts smiling and I realize I'm staring at him like some kind of maniac.

"Good evening, Hyung."

"Your Highness- I mean, Jungkook. What brings you here?"

"I figured you'd still be stuck in here cleaning, so I came to rescue you."

"Rescue? I don't need to be rescued. I'm just doing my job."

He chuckles at my stupid answer.

"I'm just kidding of course. I know you're perfectly capable of taking care of yourself. The real reason I'm here is to take you to the kitchen so you can eat. You must be starving by now."

"Oh, I'm not that hungry."

Just as I finish talking, my stomach rumbles and I feel my face heat up a bit from the embarrassment. Jungkook just kindly gestures for me to follow him out the door and I realize I have no reason to refuse him. I need to eat sooner or later, so I might as well let him take me there.

"I was hoping to see you at the dinner," he suddenly says as we walk down the hallway together.

"I'm sorry, but why would I be at the dinner? It was meant for the royal family. I shouldn't be imposing on that."

"I beg to differ. I would've liked to see you there, but it matters not now that I get to spend time with you anyway."

"Surely you're not planning on eating with me?"

"Am I not allowed to?"

"Of course you're allowed to do it if you so wish. I'm in no position to say no to you."

He stops walking and when I look at him his smile is gone. His face feels eerily empty without it. 

"See, that's the type of attitude I don't appreciate," he says. "If you don't like something you should say so. I don't want you to bow your head to me simply because of my title. Look at me as an equal and tell me your honest opinions. I won't be mad if you don't want to eat with me."

Well that was unexpected. It almost sounds like he wants me to say no to him, but I can't do that even if he tells me to. All my life I've been told to follow orders. Sometimes I'm not even sure if I have a will of my own or if I'm just a puppet being controlled by others.

"Join me if you wish," I say to please him, but he still doesn't seem content.

"But do you want me to?"

"Yes, I want you to join me."

He lets out a little breath and finally starts smiling again. 

"See, that's much better. I'd love to join you, but if you don't feel the same way then I'd just be bothering you. I don't want you to be scared of rejecting me. It's important to have your own voice, Jin-hyung."

Hearing him call me hyung makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, but somehow it's still nice. He continues leading me through the castle and I'm already lost. This place is like a maze in my eyes. It doesn't look very big from the outside, but every hallway looks more or less the same on ever floor and there are doors everywhere.