⚜28⚜ It's unfair

Jungkook

The ballroom finally starts emptying out as the last guest leave to go home. A lot of them have stayed much longer than planned and I've been forced to stay simply in order to not seem rude. I'm exhausted and dizzy from spinning around non-stop on the dance floor. I can't even count how many girls I've danced with.

"We have to meet up again soon," Father says as he waves to his friends walking out the door.

I bow to them and as their echoing steps grow distant, it becomes nicely quiet. The loud music has been bothering me all night. I'm glad it's finally over. I should hurry to bed and clear my head.

Mother comes up to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I look at her and she wears a gentle smile.

"Any luck?" she asks. "I'm proud over you for really trying your best tonight. Did any of the girls peak your interest?"

"Honestly, they were all lovely, but I think I need to sleep on it before I make any conclusions."

"Right, let's not be hasty. It's a big decision after all."

She gives me a pat on the back before taking my drunk father with her out of the room. I'm all alone on the big floor and I just feel empty. My mind seems empty too. I can't remember a single one of the girls. All I could think of tonight was Jin. He looked so hurt after I spoke to him and I noticed how he was looking at me after that. Despite how mean I was, he still went out of his way to hand me a band-aid. He must've noticed I hurt my heel.

I reach down to untie my shoe and it's pure bliss when I can finally pull it off. It's been bothering me all night. The back of my sock is stained red and I barely dare to take it off to see what the skin looks like underneath. Despite my fears I roll it down and my legs get a little weak at the disgusting sight. The skin has been cut up from my shoe and there's a big flap of skin just hanging on for dear life.

I really should've put the band-aid on, but there wasn't any time for it. Also... a part of me didn't want to use it. It's the only gift I've gotten from him and it'd be a shame to waste it. It's just a stupid band-aid and I could easily get another one, but it's special since I got it from him. Right now I think it's best if I just put it on though. I won't be able to sleep with a gaping wound on my foot.

I dig around in my pocket and take the band-aid out. It's a bit scrunched-up but it'll still work just fine. Thankfully it's big enough to cover the entire area and I feel a bit better already. I should thank him for it when I get the chance. I didn't do it when he gave it to me simply because I was so surprised to see him again.

With my uncomfortable shoes in hand, I start walking through the dark hallways back to my room. I'm going to be in trouble later. I wasn't able to do what I was supposed to. None of the girls stood out to me, so how am I supposed to pick one? Choosing one at random wouldn't be right, but honestly it wouldn't make much of a difference either. How would my parents react if I told them I didn't like any of the candidates? They might get mad at me again. But at the same time, shouldn't it be my choice when I get married? I shouldn't let them pressure me like this but I'm just too weak to stand up to them.

As I walk the stairs up to the second floor, I stop for a moment to look towards Jin's bedroom. I kept telling him over and over to stand up for himself, but in the end I don't even follow my own advice. I'm a hypocrite, aren't I? Not to mention that I'm a bad person. I pushed him away for no real reason. Does he hate me now? Does it even matter if he hates me?

I figured he was together with Taehyung, but judging from his reaction earlier I'm not so sure anymore. He looked scared when I accused him of sleeping with the prince. Did he really do it? I can't be sure of anything it seems like.