⚜32⚜ I've been found

Jin

Rain bounces against the small window of my temporary home as I sit on the bed contemplating my life choices. After walking around the city for hours on end, seemingly getting nowhere, I finally found a motel where I could stay. I don't really know where I am, so I haven't dared to go out for dinner or anything in case I wouldn't be able to find my way back here. The risk of that is too high. 

The room was cheap and thus it looks like trash too. The walls are yellowed and the carpet is full of dust and dirt. The only furniture are a bed and a desk with a chair. There's a private bathroom that I immediately cleaned before even thinking about using. Technically I have everything I need, but the feel of the room is just unsettling. Truth is that I could've easily taken in on an expensive hotel, but the problem is that I didn't find one. I've never had a real opportunity to spend the money I've made, so it's just been piling up over the years. 

I lie down on the bed with a sigh. I don't know what to do next. I've only paid for one night, so by tomorrow I need to hit the road again. Where should I go? Even if I make up a plan I probably won't be able to execute it since I'll get lost the moment I step outside the door. I've left my life behind without properly thinking it through and now I'm paying the consequences. I was just so upset in the moment.

I left because I was over all the drama, but even now I can't stop thinking about it. I feel bad for just leaving without a word. Taehyung obviously knew I was leaving, but Jungkook must've gotten a shocker. If he even cares at all that I'm gone of course. He might've found his wife already. I was just his servant and he didn't even need me for that in the first place. Taehyung didn't need me either. There was nothing for me to do. I don't matter. 

A hard knock on the door makes me jolt awake and I stare at it, feeling slightly scared. When I don't open up it knocks again and I feel my heart racing as I understand that whoever's outside actually wants something to do with me. Who could it be at this hour? It's nighttime already.

"Room service!" the person yells from the other side and I feel myself relax. It's just one of the workers. 

I get up from the bed and unlock the door. Just as I press down on the handle to open it I remember that I never ordered room service. The panic doesn't even have time to kick in before the door opens on it's own and I see Taehyung looking down at me with a pleased grin. He's slightly wet from the rain and seeing him here just feels so surreal. 

"Sike," he says and pushes past me into the room. "I fooled you, didn't I? My voice impressions are pretty good."

I can only quietly follow him inside while he checks the place out. Needless to say, he's not impressed. He sits down on the bed like he own the place and we just look at each other for a while. Why is he here? Especially at this hour. More importantly: How did he find me? The seconds tick on by and he watches me with a blank expression. Just as I'm wondering if he wants me to say something, he smiles a little and speaks up first. 

"I'm sorry, Jin. I said some pretty hurtful things that I'm sure upset you. It wasn't my intention to force you to leave like this. I hope you can forgive me."

This time I'm actually speechless for real. The prince came here to apologize? Have I hit my head on something? Am I dreaming? What the fuck is going on?

"You... What?" I say in confusion and he probably finds it amusing since he chuckles at me.

"I said I'm sorry."

"Yes, but why?"

"...Because I'm sorry? Jin, have you never gotten an apology before?"

"Not from you."