⚜10⚜ Me and you

Jungkook

I came here as soon as dinner was over just to make sure I wouldn't miss him, but now that it's starting to near midnight I'm beginning to feel like a fool. What if he didn't see the note? What if he still can't find his way here? Or worst of all: What if he doesn't want to see me? I just asked him to come here on a whim without even specifying a time, so it's not like he has any obligation to show up. But still, I'll feel hurt if I don't see him. I've never been stood up before and I most definitely don't want Jin to be the first one. 

I sit back down on the edge of the fountain that's been my go-to spot for the past six hours or so. Aside from the fact that it's made of stone and hurts my butt when I sit on it, it's not too bad. The scenery out here makes up for it if anything. The garden is big and filled with trees. There's a simple hedge labyrinth, some bushes, flowers and even vegetables. The rose bushes surrounding the fountain are my favorites along with the ivy climbing up the castle walls. There are a few windows looking out on the garden, but most of them have their blinds down by now. It's nighttime after all. A few clouds float around on the sky here and there, but aside from that it's a starry night. It's calm, the wind is blowing a little and there's no sound but the fountain and some birds in the distance. 

It's a nice night, but it's still cold without the sun. I rub my hands together a bit and blow on them. I need to question my own sanity for doing this. Six hours out here all on my own just for some guy who probably won't show up. It reminds me of that word people on the online forums have been using recently. Simp. I'm a fucking simp. I hate that I even know that word and now I've become it. I'm a fool. I should just go back inside.

♥♠♦♣

An hour later and I'm still sitting on the edge of the fountain waiting. I thought I'd have more self-control than this, but apparently not. I just don't want to leave in case he'll actually show up because then I'll seem like the asshole when I'm not here even though I said I'd be. Why does love have to be so complicated? Not that I'm in love or anything. I like him, sure, but it's a bit early to say that I love him. He probably doesn't even feel the same way since he's not here. 

I eventually lie down on the stone edge to let my poor behind rest for a bit. I might as well sleep out here and then Jin can wake me up if he passes by. My eyelids get heavy fast and I close my eyes to try and catch some sleep.

My rest doesn't last long because I immediately scramble to my feet when I hear Jin's voice from somewhere in the garden. The water in the fountain makes it hard to determine where he is.

"Jungkook? Are you here?" he says, almost like a whisper.

"I'm here," I reply right away. I look around, but I can't see him anywhere. I start walking around in hopes of finding him and when I round the corner of a rose bush, he walks right into my arms. My first instinct is to wrap my arms around him and although he's shocked at first, a smile soon takes form on his beautiful face. 

"You found me," he chuckles. It might be my mind playing tricks on me, but he seems even more gorgeous than usual. It's as if I've seen him for the first time in years. The past seven hours messed me up.

"I guess I did," I answer and let him go even though I want nothing more than to hold on to him. 

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I must've kept you waiting. I wanted to come as soon as possible, but I had to send Taehyung to bed and he stayed up really late playing games. I had no choice but to let him finish first."

"It's alright, Hyung. I didn't wait long anyway. Did you find your way here OK?"

"There's that too," he admits with a guilty smile. "I knew which painting that shows the way to the garden, but I'd completely forgotten where it was in the castle. I was running around like a confused chicken, almost waking the entire castle before I finally found it. I guess I haven't memorized everything yet."