⚜30⚜ Doing his best

Jimin

Maybe I'm going insane, but I think the exercises we're doing are actually working. Taehyung and I have been running around the city doing different missions and surprisingly enough he's compliant with everything. He bought me ice cream, even going as far as to ask what flavor I wanted. I told him to do that of course, but then when we went for coffee he asked me on his own and paid for it again. He's learning. It's like successfully teaching an old dog how to sit for the first time. It feels great.

I've taught him to hold the door open for me when we enter stores, to walk closest to the road in case a car would splash water on us, to offer to carry things for me and the most surprising thing is that he helped me from falling when I tripped over my own feet. I obviously didn't tell him to do that, so maybe he's adapting. We did go to the cinema to watch a romantic movie and I think he's copying some of the male lead's moves. I'm not complaining though. This is all working much better than I expected. 

I glance at Taehyung as we walk to our next location and admittedly he looks like a normal dude in the clothes I forced him to wear. It's a white t-shirt and some torn jeans. Very simple, but truth be told, he'd probably look good in anything. He insisted on wearing his coat though since he doesn't want to lose it somewhere and with it on he's just like a k-drama actor. 

"What are you ogling me for?" he asks and I realize I'm staring awfully much. 

"That's not a good way to say it," I point out. "You're making it sound like it's something bad that I'm looking at you."

"What should I say then?"

"Hmm, it depends on what you want to convey. You could try: Like what you see? Or maybe... Is there something on my face? Those sound a lot more positive then just accusing me of staring. Oh, and try to look nicer when you say it too. Good expressions play a big role in how people perceive you."

"Alright then," he says and clears his throat before turning to me with a blinding smile. "Am I so hot you can't look away?"

My first instinct is to punch him on the arm, but he totally saw it coming and jumps away just in time for me to miss.

"What kind of reaction is that?" he asks. 

"You were teasing me!"

"But if I don't tease you then I'm basically not me. I need to be able to keep some personality amidst all of this overflowing kindness. Also it's true, isn't it? You've been creeping on me ever since I changed clothes. Surely that means I look good?"

I simply huff at him and continue walking. He catches up to me in no time with his long legs and in the corner of my eye I see him wearing a pleased smirk. He's so annoying, but at the same time he's not as annoying as he used to be. Maybe it's because he's been trying to be nice to me today. It's hard to hate someone when they're trying their best to get you to like them. That's the whole point of this anyway, to make him likable. 

"Where are we going?" he asks. "It'll get dark soon."

"I only have a few more plans for today. I'm not sure if we'll have time for everything though. We should hurry if-"

I stop talking when I notice that he's not by my side anymore. I turn around and see him looking through a display window. With a sigh I join him to see what he's up to. It's a jewelry shop and he has his eyes on a golden necklace with a brown gemstone of some kind.

"Look, Taehyung, normal people don't casually buy expensive ass jewelry when they're out and about, but do it quickly if you want it. We have other things to do."