⚜31⚜ I'll find you

Jungkook

Still no luck. Where could he have gone? I've searched almost the entire city for him but there's no trace. Maybe I'm just bad at searching, but it's difficult to get any information when I can't blow my cover or ask anyone in the castle for help. I'm not supposed to be wasting my time running around looking for a servant who quit his job. If someone finds out I'll get in trouble.

I enter the castle through the door in the garden to try and sneak in undetected, but the moment I step inside the lights turn on and I see my father's frowning face. He has his arms crossed as if he was waiting for me. He probably was. No, from the look on his face I can tell that he definitely was waiting for me. How did he know I'd enter through this door?

"One of the servants told me they saw you sneaking around out here," Father explains as if he can tell exactly what I'm thinking. "You've been gone all day. Care to explain what you were up to?"

Even if I lie someone might've already seen me running around the city and reported it back to him. At this point the truth will bring as much consequences as lying, so I might as well just come clean and get it over with.

"I was looking for someone. A friend. He disappeared the night of the ball."

Father is not impressed with my answer.

"A friend? One of those on your list?"

"No!"

"But the man who disappeared is a servant, correct? Kim Seokjin is his name if my memory serves me right. Originally Taehyung's servant, but then for some unknown reason you switched. Tell me, Jungkook, why would you run around desperately looking for a servant unless he's the latest entry on your list?"

I'm honestly surprised he knew that much about the situation. Guess there are more people around here spreading rumors than just Jimin. Or maybe he's the one reporting everything directly to my father. Wouldn't be much of a shocker.

"I'm looking for him because he's my friend and I'm worried since he has a poor sense of direction. He might've gotten lost somewhere. That's the only reason. He's not a part of that list. I'm done with that forever."

"Are you sure that's not just an excuse to get out of your responsibilities?"

"What?"

"You told us you'd give us an answer about your girl of choice. It's oddly untimely for you to be looking for a missing servant. So what if he has a poor sense of direction? He's a grown man. He can ask around and get where he needs to go. He must've had a reason to leave either way, so perhaps he doesn't want to be found. We have hundreds of girls patiently waiting for your answer and it's rude to keep them waiting like this."

"I'm well-aware of that fact. Unfortunately I haven't had time to think about it. Seokjin might be an adult, but sometimes even adults need help. I'm worried about him and I haven't had time to think about my future wife while he's missing. I'll give you an answer when I know he's safe."

Father gives me a disapproving look, but we get interrupted when the door to the garden opens and Jimin and Taehyung come walking in unannounced. They both seem to have trouble walking as they need to support each other and it's pretty obvious that at least Jimin has been in a fight. His face is bruised and his clothes are dirty. Just like me they probably took this door to try and sneak in undetected because the looks on their faces when they come eye to eye with the king is that of pure shock.

"Oh, shit," Jimin mutters.

"What in the world happened to you two?" Father asks. "Recently you always look like you've been in a fight."