nineteen

'Tada! Isn't this nice?'

Seonghwa nods as he enters the room upstairs. The room isn't big, but feels very homely. There's a large sofa filled with cushions. The coffee table in front has a few candles lighting up the dim room.

Opposite the sofa is a large window that looks out into the palace that is overshadowed by the bright moon.

'Yah your acting isn't very good, you don't even seem impressed at all.' Jennie says and places the alcohol on the table.

'I'm speechless because I'm too impressed okay?' Seonghwa says and Jennie scoffs.

'I'm just messing with you. Here, your highness, I made this comfy just for you.' Jennie says and Seonghwa chuckles.

'You seem so familiar with this place.' Seonghwa says as he looks around so more, walking around seeing a picture of her younger self with Jin on the wall. He smiles, finding her unimpressed face with Jin's silly face adorable.

'Of course, I used to sleep here.' Jennie says as she sits down, stretching her legs on the sofa. Seonghwa looks back at her with a surprised expression.

'Here? Didn't you have a home?' Seonghwa asks.

Jennie takes another shot of whiskey.

'After my dad died, I lived here.' Jennie says, since she's told him he's dead.

'Did you suffer a lot here? Is that also why you refused to come back?' Seonghwa asks as he sits at the opposite end of the sofa.

Jennie nods.

'Yea, yea I did. I ran away from here for a reason, I didn't want to come back.' Jennie says and is about to take another shot, but Seonghwa stops her.

'You've had enough already.' Seonghwa says and takes the shot glass away from her grasp. She pouts, looking at him with red cheeks.

'No I haven't, I'm still tipsy.' Jennie says and Seonghwa scoffs.

'I don't want to carry your ass back, please don't get too pissed.' Seonghwa says and the girl chuckles.

'I'm not that heavy don't worry.' Jennie jokes and sits back comfortably. She has already had a few too many shots and she's feeling even more sentimental being back in this place.

'I'm guessing you ran around causing trouble, stealing money from people?' Seonghwa says and the girl tilts her head.

'How did you know?'

'I asked Yunho to do a background check on you as well, when he took that list.' Seonghwa says and Jennie smirks.

She starts clapping as she sits up.

'What did you find?' She asks curiously.

'That you caused trouble, and the fact that your father was a businessman.' Seonghwa says and Jennie nods while having an impressed face.

'Wow you did that quick, did you also find that my mum abandoned us after cheating on my father?' Jennie says and Seonghwa sighs.

'I'm sorry.'

'Why are you apologising? I was just born into an unfortunate family, it's not your fault.' Jennie says and looks up at the ceiling.

'You must've felt lonely, when your dad went missing.' Seonghwa says and frowns.

'How sad, we were both so lonely.' Jennie says and sighs. 'If only we knew each other, maybe we would've been less lonely then.'

'We've got each other now. And I'm glad. You guys mean more than you think to me.' Seonghwa says truthfully.

'Wow that was touching your highness. I'm sure you didn't feel that lonely with Nayeon up your ass all the time.' Jennie says and Seonghwa scoffs.

'We has always grown up knowing we'd have to marry each other in the future. That's why she's nagging me like a wife.' Seonghwa says and forms his mouth into a line.

'Do you love her?' Jennie asks. Seonghwa looks to her and laughs.

'I should, but I don't. She has always been obvious with her feelings, but I just can't force myself.' Seonghwa says. 

'That's a shame, marrying someone you don't love. Wait, that means you've never dated right?' Jennie suddenly sits up, her face closer to the prince now.

'I have okay!' Seonghwa says shyly.

'Really? Do you even know how to kiss?' Jennie teases the prince. He smirks, seeing her enjoying herself while messing with him.

'Should I prove it to you?' Seonghwa says cheekily.

The girl is about to spit another insult when her lips is met with the soft ones that belongs to the handsome prince.

Jennie freezes, not expecting the guy to kiss her. Her face heats up from shyness as Seonghwa kisses her softly.

She kisses back, enjoying the moment as she knows she's too drunk right now to remember this the next morning.