thirty seven

'Where is she?!'

Seonghwa bursts into his room to see the girl he's looking for. She's sitting there sipping tea as she reads.

'You're finally back.' Jennie says and puts down her book. It's been a few hours since her meeting with the second prince and the arrest of the same man.

'I told you to not do shit like that again!' Seonghwa says as he stomps to her.

'I got him okay? It had to be done.' Jennie says as she stands.

'I told you not to do things like this again! You're still hurt! What if something happens to you again?' Seonghwa shouts and Jennie frowns.

'I'm not hurt okay? And I'm not some animal you can just lock up!' Jennie exclaims, feeling frustrated from all the days she's been kept inside.

'I'm doing this to protect you! When you're hurt I feel like I could die from a heart attack. Why can't you just stay still and do as you promised?' Seonghwa says, sounding more angry now.

'I'm not a child Hwa. You can't just expect me to sit still like that. I'm used to doing things like that, why can't you trust me?' Jennie says now feeling frustrated herself.

'That's not the point! You promised me you'd never do that to me again. You fucking promised!' Seonghwa says, his tone filled with disappointment.

Jennie could see the sadness in his eyes, but her arrogance always gets the best of her.

'Oh I'm sorry I tried to help you arrest the person who's been trying to kill you and your father. I'm sorry for freaking caring for you so much to want to prevent anything bad from happening to you.'

Jennie couldn't contain her anger and frustration. Despite seeing the hurt in Seonghwa's eyes, she couldn't help it.

She's not used to anything that's happening.

'I don't want you to do that! Stop making people worry about you. If you didn't mean to keep your promise, then don't play with my emotions. I hate worrying about you okay? It makes me wanna to throw up.' Seonghwa says with a frown and teary eyes.

'I'm going to look for Wonho whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't be involved with me at all.' Jennie says before leaving the room.

The guards don't stop her, fearing she'll knock them out again. She leaves the house angrily and takes one of the houses in the barn to leave.

Seonghwa is speechless, and he's tired of chasing after her. He's tired of convincing her that all he wants is for her to be safe. But he knows he can't keep her wings from spreading for that long.

She's Jennie after all, she's been flying on her own for years, and nothing can stop her.

Not even a prince, not even someone who loves her dearly.

Avenging her dad is the most important thing to her right now.

Seonghwa runs after the girl, despite letting her go a moment ago, but he regrets it. No matter what, he doesn't want to lose her again, even if it means he'll let her get herself into danger.

At least he could be there to protect her.

Seonghwa runs down and fetch one of this horses. He chases after her, despite not knowing where she has gone. He rides to the Wing House first, but he frowns in disappointment when he sees no signs of her.

'Seonghwa?' Hongjoong says as he exits the house hearing the sound of the horse.

'Have you seen Jennie?' Seonghwa asks but Hongjoong shakes his head.

'No... what's happening?'

'She's gone, she left.' Seonghwa says with a shaky voice.

'We'll go find her. You go to Jin's and see if she's there, I'll get the guys to search around town.'

Seonghwa leaves immediately, setting off to find the girl.

He doesn't know what he'll do if he doesn't. She has become more important to him than he thinks she was.