thirty six

'Your highness will be staying at the main palace, since the king has fallen very ill.' One of the maids says to Jennie and she nods.

Jennie is about to go wash up when the maid hands her a letter.

Meet me in the woods at sunset, there's a change of plans.

Jennie sighs and burns the letter.

'Can you help me get Wooyoung? I need to meet him right now.' Jennie says and the maid nods.

'I'll do so right away miss.'

Jennie closes the door and quickly gets changed, also taking her gun and putting it in her pocket. She looks at her cast and sighs, wanting to take it off immediately but knowing it's not fully healed yet.

She takes out a lollipop and stands by the window, in deep thought. It's all too complicated for her liking.

'Hey you wanted to see me?' Wooyoung asks drunkenly. He arrived pretty quickly due to having his own horse now.

'Quit the beer, we've got serious business to do.' Jennie says and takes the beer off him.

'But you're not allowed out-'

'Shut up, we need to go.' Jennie says and grabs a few syringes out from her pocket. 'Use these.'

Jennie leads the way out of the room, and the guards looks to her.

'Miss your highness says-'

She sticks a syringe into him, and proceeds to do so to the other guard.

'Gosh Seonghwa is going to be so angry...'

'We're going to meet the second prince.' Jennie says and Wooyoung gasps.

'What? But-'

Jennie turns around to slap him.

'I need sober Wooyoung right now!' Jennie says and keeps walking. They see guards on the way and put them out.

'Where are we going?' Wooyoung asks.

'Just follow me.' Jennie says and takes Wooyoung to the woods. She walks into it, not sure where she should be going but she continues to walk until she sees a figure.

She sees the second prince with a guard, and cautiously looks around. It's quiet and she's pretty sure he didn't have any more men around.

'Hello Jennie, it's nice to finally meet you.' Chan says with a smirk. Jennie reaches into her pocket and holds onto her gun.

'Quit the chatter, get to the point. What do you want?' Jennie says and a deadly glare.

Chan chuckles and crosses his arms.

'Pretty straightforward, no wonder why Seonghwa's head over heels for you.' Chan says and Jennie takes out her gun, pointing it at him.

'Get to the fucking point.' She says as his guard takes out a gun as well.

'I'm going to end this once and for all. If you keep my dear brother away from that castle while I do my thing, I'll let him go alive, and I'll tell you everything.'

Jennie starts laughing, confusing the prince and everyone else.

'What makes you think I will help you? You think you can bribe me with that?' Jennie says with a sadistic smile.

Chan shakes his head and scoffs.

'What else would someone like you want? Money? Power? Love? Don't be so childish. Seonghwa will never marry someone like you. You think a royalty would marry an orphan who has turned into a pirate? You people should be grateful to even have a chance to step foot into the capital.' Chan says with a mocking tone.

'And what do you think people would say after you become king? You know full enough the people of the capital hates the second queen, and even more so you.' Jennie says with her gun still pointed at him.

'What would you lowlifes know? People like you should go back to your sad little lives and look for your little treasures. Pirates like you should go back to fucking pigs-'

A loud bang sounds and Chan's eyes widen as his guard this being shot down.

'Oh I forgot to tell you, my friend here isn't very nice when he's sober.'

Jennie smirks as she watches Wooyoung walk towards the prince. Chan grows pale as the blond chases after him.

'I want him alive Wooyoung.' Jennie shouts and walks backwards. 'You heard everything right, general?'

The middle aged man walks out from behind a tree.

'That bastard... my daughter is in jail all because of him...' The man says and looks to his men. 'Arrest him.'

His men go after the prince but stops when they see Wooyoung dragging him on the ground to them.

'I'm sorry let me go...'

'Now that the small problem is being rid of... we need to get the mastermind behind all this.' Jennie says and sighs.

'He didn't plan all this?' Wooyoung asks as he drags the prince up like a little dog.

'Of course not, didn't you listen to how childish he sounds? Wonho planned all this. He's just one of his little pawns.' Jennie says.

The general's men take the second prince and cuffs him. Jennie takes out a can from her pocket and throws it to Wooyoung.

'Good work Woo, go get pissed now.'