twenty eight

'Dinner's ready Jen!' Jongho shouts.

'I'm right here why are you shouting.' Jennie says as she gets up from the sofa. She sits up while wincing as stands up.

'In case you couldn't hear. You might've hurt your head when you collapsed who knows whether your hearing is fine or not.' Jongho says and she rolls her eyes.

'Then I'm pretty sure your mum dropped you and hit your head, because your brain isn't working.' Jennie says and Jongho throws his spatula at her.

She tries to dodge but feels a string of pain in her abdomen. She winces and suddenly feels a pair of arms holding her.

'You okay?' Seonghwa asks from behind.

'Yah Jongho you wanna die? She's still healing!' San scolds the younger.

'She was picking a fight!' Jongho says.

'Yea I'm fine. Stop making a big deal out of this.' Jennie says and stands properly.

'You guys are being very touchy touchy with each other lately, is something happening between you two?' Mingi says as he looks at the two suspiciously.

'You think this pig can seduce a prince? You're crazy.' Wooyoung says and Jennie throws the spatula at him.

'Pig? Look who's talking.' Jennie says.

'Yah yah don't fight okay?' Yeosang says and stops the two.

'Okay mum.' Jennie says and smiles sarcastically at him.

'Let's just eat peacefully okay?' Hongjoong says and sits down. Jennie goes to sit in her seat as well.

The group proceeds to eat together, chatting loudly as always.

'Yah you know Wooyoung was slapped today.' San says as he laughs.

'Yah I told you to keep it a secret!' Wooyoung says and hits the other.

'What happened?' Jennie asks curiously.

'We were going to get groceries, and he saw this pretty girl at the florist. He used some cheesy ice u line but ended up getting slapped instead.' San says and bursts out laughing.

'Fuck I wish I was there.' Jennie says and chuckles.

'I hate you.' Wooyoung says and leaves the table.

'Yah where are you going?' San laughs and follows him to tease him more.

The group continue to chat freely when their door bursts open suddenly.

'We've caught him your highness. Kim Hanbin.' Yunho says as he rushes in.

Jennie stands up immediately.

'I'll question him myself.' Jennie says and rushes to Yunho.

'Hey finish dinner first!' Hongjoong shouts but the girl doesn't listen.

'Lead me to where he is.' Jennie says and Yunho nods. Seonghwa follows her as well, feeling worried seeing her reaction.

The group walk to the dungeon near Seonghwa's palace. They walk into the dark place where they visited when going to question Seungri.

Jennie freezes for a moment when he sees the familiar face, being tied up like Seungri was.

The boy looks up when he feels people enter the room, his eyes widen as he sees the brunette. Seonghwa's not liking the scenario very much.

But Jennie startled him when she suddenly punched the boy in the face.

She breathes heavily as she sees angry.

'Hey, be careful, you'll hurt your wound.' Seonghwa says as he places a hand on her shoulder.

'All of you get out, I want to speak to him alone.' Jennie says.

'But-'

'Just get out!' Jennie shouts. This startles the rest as she's never this serious around them.

Seonghwa nods and pushes Yunho out as well.

'What if he tries something?' Yunho asks worriedly.

'She can defend herself.' Seonghwa says and sighs.

They close the door behind them and wait outside nervously.

Jennie sits down on the chair opposite the guy, who still looks at her in disbelief.

'You're... you're alive.' Hanbin says.

'Yea unfortunately he didn't beat me up enough.' Jennie says and crosses her arms. Hanbin sees her tattoo as she's wearing a short sleeve.

'You're a pirate.' Hanbin says as he sees the mark on her arm.

'Well I had to make a living.' Jennie says and sighs. 'Enough with the questions, I'm here to ask you important things.'

'I missed you.'

Jennie clenches her teeth hearing his words. She's beyond furious to hear that from him.

'Shut up. You have no right to say that after what you did to me.' Jennie says with a red face. It's hard to control her anger, when someone so close to her betrayed her.

It hurts the most when it's someone close.

'I have a family to take care of.' Hanbin says and Jennie clenches her fist.

'And you're still working for them?' Jennie asks and the guy nods.

She scoffs.

'Just tell me who the guy is, and I'll let you go.' Jennie says sternly.

'I can't, you know that.'

Jennie takes out her gun and loads it.

'Tell me right now before I lose my anger.' Jennie says and Hanbin sighs.

'They'll kill me anyways.' He replies while looking down.

'I'll kill him before he does, now just tell me.' Jennie says sternly. He could see her determined eyes, but fears that she'll get hurt if she finds out and goes seek revenge.

'If you make sure my family is safe, I'll tell you.' Hanbin says worriedly.

'I already have men watching over your siblings, just tell me now.'