twenty five

Jennie lays in her bed, bored, as the moonlight shines into her room. She wants to go out and walk around due to her behind sleepless, but she can't with the wound.

She takes the book on her night stand and continues reading, although feeling bored of the book already.

But suddenly, she's distracted by the few knocks on her window. She looks up in alert but sees Seonghwa looking in.

She gets up carefully and opens her window.

'There's a door to my room you know.' Jennie says and smirks.

'Well this is more fun, and you wouldn't have opened the door if I knocked on it anyways.' Seonghwa says and jumps in. He closes the window behind him.

Jennie makes it back to her bed, struggling to lie down without tensing on her wound, so Seonghwa helps her.

'I thought you'd be bored, so I'd keep you company here.' Seonghwa says and sits on her bed next to her.

'Wow how kind of you. I only want a beer right now.' Jennie says.

'You can have any now, Yeosang's orders.' Seonghwa says while crossing his arms.

'Then how are you going to entertain me your highness?' Jennie says and raises an eyebrow at the prince.

'I bought games.' Seonghwa says and holds up the bag he was holding.

'Wow I didn't expect that. Game on then.'

...

'How are you so good at games? I give up, this isn't fun.'

'But you came to entertain me.' Jennie says and chuckles. Seonghwa goes to sit next to her from sitting at the end of the bed.

'Let's just talk, I hate games.' Seonghwa says and pouts. Jennie chuckles at him being sulky.

'What's the time now?' Jennie asks. Seonghwa checks his watch.

'It's 2 am.' He says.

'I'm still now tired at all.' Jennie says.

'You need more rest though, you need to heal.' Seonghwa says and the file just sighs.

'Yeosang's not letting me take sleeping pills, he's scared I'll get addicted it it.' Jennie says and holds onto her wound which has been hurting a bit more today.

'You want some painkillers?' Seonghwa says as he notices immediately.

'Yes please.' Jennie says and Seonghwa gives her the pills and some water. She sighs after taking them, lying down again.

'You wanna know how I can sleep better?' Seonghwa says and Jennie looks to him curiously.

'How?'

Seonghwa puts his arm around the girl and lets her head rest on his chest. He places his hand on her arm, basically cuddling her.

'Are you trying to seduce me your highness?' Jennie asks cheekily.

'Is it working?' Seonghwa says as he looks down at her with a smirk.

'Maybe. I don't know.' She says and Seonghwa chuckles.

'How do you feel having a prince trying to seduce you?' He asks the girl as he gently strokes her arm.

'I don't know, I feel like I'd get killed by his fangirls.' Jennie says and Seonghwa chuckles.

'Don't worry, Yunho will protect you.' Seonghwa says and the girl looks up at him.

'I saved your life you know. I think you owe me your life more.' Jennie says and narrows her eyes at him. He pats her head with a kind smile.

'If I die, who would give you guys money?' Seonghwa jokes.

'Wow you think we only care about that? We have money ourselves you know.' Jennie says and Seonghwa chuckles.

'I'm just kidding, I would do the same for you.' Seonghwa says genuinely, and Jennie could feel butterflies in her stomach.

'Wow I feel honoured. A Prince Charming would die for me, I think if I had female friends they'd be jealous.' Jennie says and Seonghwa looks to her curiously.

'Do you only hang out with men or something?' Seonghwa says and Jennie nods innocently.

'I haven't had a proper female friend before.' Jennie says and Seonghwa could feel a sense of jealousy.

'Can't you not have that many male friends?' Seonghwa says and the brunette chuckles.

'Are you jealous your highness?' She says cheekily. Seonghwa looks away and pouts.

'No.'

'A jealous prince huh... that's funny. Why would you be jealous when you have your own fan club who would die to marry you?' Jennie says. She finds it extremely adorable seeing the prince blush.

'Because I only like you.'

Now it's Jennie's turn to blush, feeling her heart flutter at the prince's words. He's a prince, and yet he likes a nobody like her.

She feels weird having someone like him like her.

'You're good at making me nervous, you know that right?' Jennie says and Seonghwa smirks.

'You are too. I mean, you did point a gun at me the first time we met.' Seonghwa says.

'I do that to everyone.'

'Even a prince.' Seonghwa says and she chuckles.

'I thought it'd be funny. I thought you'd be some arrogant prince, people said you're the troublemaker or the palace.' Jennie says.

'Well, I did try and run away many times when I was little.' Seonghwa says.

'Wow that's so naughty!' Jennie says teasingly.

'Oh shut up. I'm sure you did as well.' Seonghwa says and looks at the girl, who had a smile on her face.

'I didn't actually, I lived very happily with my father.'