thirty two

'I fucking hate you, you know that right?'

'Mingi you're squishing my arm.'

Mingi quickly lets go and strokes her arm to sooth it. It makes Jennie chuckle to see him like this unlike his usual rough self.

'If you ever pull a trick like that again I swear I won't be your friend anymore, it's bad for my heart.' Jongho says and Jennie pats his chest.

'I'm sure he can handle a little more frill.' Jennie says and chuckles.

The prince seems to tense seeing the girl casually touch the male's chest.

'You're going to rest at least for 2 weeks, don't you dare argue with me.' Yeosang says and Jennie nods.

'Okay mum. Don't worry, I can't move much with a fractured arm and a pulled ankle.' Jennie says and San ruffles her hair.

'We really hate you you know right?' San says with a pout.

Jennie smiles at the male, holding onto his hand and swinging it back and forth.

'Don't be mad Sannie~'

Yet again, the prince tenses at the close contact, feeling a sense of jealousy which he tries to hide.

'We couldn't sleep because of you.' Hongjoong says and the girl sighs.

'Are you guys done guilt tripping me?' Jennie says.

'Nope, you even got me worried.' Yunho says and the guys look to him in surprise.

'Wait, this guy has emotions?' Mingi says and Yunho glares at him.

'Wow I feel blessed to have so many good looking guys worry for me.' Jennie says teasingly and looks at Seonghwa, who has had a pout on his face since earlier on.

'You'll always be like a little sister to us okay? So stop making us worried for you. It feels like our hearts are gonna explode soon.' Hongjoong says and Jennie chuckles.

'Awww how touching. Now tell me, have you wasted me or did you get on with it while I was gone?' Jennie asks and Seonghwa sighs.

'Yah just rest and we'll take care of it from now on.' Seonghwa says, not wanting the girl to overwork.

'I'll run away if you don't let me know what's happening. I can still use my brain you know. Now please tell me.' Jennie says.

Seonghwa looks to Hongjoong, who shrugs

'She said please.' He says and takes out the photographs they took.

'What about the tattoo guy? Have you found him yet?' Jennie asks desperately.

'No, but we've put out even a reward for reporting any information about him.' Hongjoong explains.

'We have a spy in the second prince's palace, and they seem to be plotting to poison the king.' Seonghwa says.

Jennie's eyes widen.

'Do you have evidence?'

'We have images of his guard going to town and purchasing a poisonous flower.' Seonghwa explains.

'That's perfect.'

They all look to the girl curiously.

'We can't prove that the prince plotted to kill you until you find the tattoo guy who might not even be useful to prove so. But we can use this opportunity to prove he's been plotting against you guys.'

'I feel like this is a bit too easy though, something is up. There's something we're missing.' Seonghwa says, knowing how intelligent Chan is.

A few knocks on the door causes them to be distracted. They look to see a prison guard coming in.

'Kim Hanbin's cell was broken into, he's been stabbed multiple times and is in a critical condition.'

Jennie sighs into her hand, knowing this would've happened eventually.

'Set security levels to his room to high.' Seonghwa says.

'Yes, your highness.' The guard says and leaves.

'When can I go back to my room? I feel uncomfortable with the maids always around staring.' Jennie says.

'You're staying here so I can make sure you don't run away.' Seonghwa says and Jennie pouts.

'But why are they staring so much?' Jennie says.

'Because this is my room.'

Jennie blushes, thinking about what the maids must be thinking about them.

'Yah you two better not make babies, I can't even take her annoying ass I don't want little Jennies running around.' Hongjoong says and the group chuckle.

'Remember to wear protection guys~' Wooyoung says drunkenly and Jennie throws her pillow at him.

'Shut up!' Jennie shouts and the group smile.

'Let's go before she kills us all. And it's late now she needs to sleep.' Yeosang says and pushes the group out.

'Yah! Stop laughing!' Jennie shouts at the boys as they leave. They chuckle and quickly leave.

'I'll be guarding at your door your highness.' Yunho says and leaves as well.

Seonghwa smirks seeing Jennie's red cheeks. He goes to sit next to her, and pulls her into a hug.

'You're cute when you're angry.' Seonghwa says and chuckles. He pats her head and Jennie just buried her face into his chest, something she really enjoys due to the prince's attractive scent.

'They're annoying.' Jennie says and sighs.

'Did you really not know this is my room?' Seonghwa says teasingly.

'Shut up before I jump out of the window.' Jennie says and looks at him with a pout.

'Okay okay...' he says and chuckles again.

'So you've been sleeping next to me while I was unconscious?' Jennie asks and Seonghwa nods as he pulls away.

'What? You don't like it?' Seonghwa says teasingly with a smirk.

'It's not like you didn't do that before I was kidnapped.' Jennie says. The prince had been sleeping occasionally in her room after she was hurt last time.

'I know you secretly love it.'

'Good night.' Jennie says with a blank expression and lays down, facing away from the prince.

He chuckles seeing her like this. She always manages to put a smile on his face.

He would do anything for her, because if he lost her, he doesn't know what he would do.