twenty six

'Daddy Im back!'

Jennie rushes back home after having dinner with her friend from school. Her dad quickly rushes out to her and picks her up frantically.

'What's happening daddy?' Jennie asks innocently, but seeing her dad so scared, she feels nervous herself.

'Don't make any sound, someone is in the house right now.' Her father says and Jennie keeps quiet immediately.

Her father brings her upstairs and puts her in the closet. He places his gun in her hand.

'If anyone tries to attack you, use this.'

He closes the door and quickly wants to run out, but a dark figure blocks his way out.

'Where do you think you're going?'

The man takes out a knife, and Jennie places a hand over her mouth. The dark figure approaches her dad, and she sees a dragon tattoo on his arm as the moonlight shines into the room.

She tries not to cry as she sees the man proceed to stab her dad multiple times, until he falls into the ground. The man smirks in satisfaction.

'I know you're in there.' The man says and goes towards her. She's never felt so afraid in her life. She just watched her dad die, and now, she has to defend her own.

The man smiles sadistically and stabs into the wardrobe, but Jennie leans back immediately, dodging the stab.

'Let's play a little game shall we?'

The man stabs into the closet again, laughing loudly as he does. But suddenly, a loud bang sounds and he clenched onto his shoulder.

'Fuck!'

He has been shot, and Jennie quickly kicks the door open. As soon as she sees him, she shoots him a second them, causing him to fall backwards as he clenched onto his wounds.

The little girl quickly runs out of the closet and out of the house, crying as she's shaking in fear and sadness.

She doesn't know where to go, but she knows she can't ever go back to her own home.

She's no longer safe.

...

Jennie jolts awakes, sweating heavily. She finds herself still in Seonghwa's arms as she wakes up.

'Fuck you scared me.'

She's startled seeing Yunho sitting on the sofa across them, reading a book casually.

'Why are you sitting here?' Jennie asks.

'I can't have you two here together unprotected, I swore to protect you two with my life.' Yunho says and closes up his book. He sees Jennie's red cheeks and stands up in alert. 'Why are you so red?'

Jennie swipes the sweat off her forehead.

'I feel really hot and dizzy.' Jennie says and Yunho goes to touch her forehead.

'You have a slight fever. I'll go and call Yeosang.' Yunho says and leaves the room.

Jennie tries to sit up but she could feel Seonghwa pulling her closer. She winces as she accidentally tenses her wound, and Seonghwa opens his eyes anxiously.

'Are you okay?' He says as he looks to her, and notices she's all sweaty.

'I think I have a fever.' Jennie says. 'You should stay away or you'll get ill as well.'

Seonghwa smiles.

'I don't care.' Seonghwa says and Jennie sighs.

'Can you get me some painkillers?' Jennie says and Seonghwa immediately gets out of bed to get pills and some water for her. He rushes to her and helps her sit up.

Yeosang quickly arrives to check on her with Yunho. He checks her temperature and such.

'This is not good, you shouldn't be catching a fever while recovering... I'll get you some meds, make sure you rest more.' Yeosang says seriously.

'Okay. I'm not allowed to go anywhere anyways.' Jennie says and sees both Seonghwa and Yunho narrowing their eyes at her.

'Good, you two keep watch on her while I go get meds.' Yeosang says and leaves.

'Don't you have stuff to do? You're a prince.' Jennie says and Seonghwa shrugs.

'I'm a prince, I can do whatever I want.' Seonghwa says.

'I brought your papers actually, you can do them here.' Yunho says and Seonghwa whines.

'I can't you do them for me?' Seonghwa says but Yunho shakes his head.

'You have to do them your highness.' Yunho says.

'Fine, but I'm going to get changed and wash up first.' Seonghwa says and leaves the room to go to the bathroom.

'Can you pass me that book? I already finished this one.' Jennie says and Yunho takes a new book from the bookshelf.

'You like reading as well?' Yunho asks.

'Yea, I usually read when I'm bored.' Jennie says.

'You're more sophisticated than I thought.' Yunho says and she chuckles.

'I am from the capital you know. I went to school as well.' Jennie says.

'To be honest, when I first met you guys, I was really doubtful.' Yunho says as he sits back on the sofa.

'I would be too, those idiots look dumber than primary school children.' Jennie says and Yunho scoffs.

'You guys are more capable than I thought, I apologise for doubting you guys.' Yunho says.

'There's no need to apologise. It doesn't matter.' She chuckles.

'And I want to thank you.' Yunho says whole-heartedly. Jennie tilts her head in confusion.

'For making your highness so happy, I haven't seen him smile so much in a while.'