forty one

[2 weeks later]

'I'm a pirate Hwa. I don't think the king would want to see his son dating a bandit like me.' Jennie says with a frown as a maid dresses her in a dress.

'Well whether he likes you or not there's nothing he can do about it. And you're the one who saved his life.' Seonghwa says as he watches her from behind, already dressed in a simple white button up and black slacks.

'He's not going to like this tattoo either.' Jennie says as she looks at her arm. The maid finishes dressing her and takes her leave.

Seonghwa hugs the petite girl from behind, smiling against the mirror as he holds up her arm.

'I personally love this tattoo, makes you look badass as hell.' Seonghwa says and Jennie chuckles.

'Doesn't suit this pretty dress though.' Jennie says. 'And this cast this annoying me as well.'

'You better keep it on, before you break another bone.' Seonghwa says, kissing her on the cheek quickly before walking off to put on his watch.

Jennie sighs and look away from the mirror. Seonghwa smiles reassuring, holding her hands in his large ones.

'Don't worry, you look beautiful.' Seonghwa says and Jennie smiles softly.

'Just saying if he start roasting me I don't think I can stop myself from talking back even though he's the king.' Jennie says honestly. Seonghwa chuckles at her words.

'I've already spoken to him, he knows who you are. I think the second queen is actually some witch, after she's gone, he's gotten all normal now.' Seonghwa says with a raised eyebrow.

'Like mother like son.' Jennie says and shrugs.

'Right, we should get going.' Seonghwa says and pushes the girl out of the room.

'Let's hope I don't accidentally pull out my gun.'

...

'She was so nervous it was so funny!' Seonghwa exclaims as he puts an arm around the girl. She glares at him and drinks her beer.

'Nervous? This girl? Gosh I wish I saw it.' Hongjoong says and laughs.

'I would give up my shiber to see that.' San says and chuckles cutely. Wooyoung puts an arm around him and holds up his beer.

'Let's cheers to nervous Jennie!' Wooyoung exclaims drunkenly.

'Can we just pretend he's not here?' Jennie says and Wooyoung slams down his cup.

'Don't being mean!' Wooyoung says and pouts.

'I still don't get how he captured the second prince.' Seonghwa says seeing his flushed cheeks.

'You do not want to see that thing sober. Last time he was awake he nearly threw me into the ocean in the middle of nowhere.' Mingi says as he recalls the horrible memory.

'That's why you should never take beer away from him.' Yeosang says.

'So what, are you going to become king in the future?' Jongho asks. Jennie looks to him curiously as well.

'Actually, before I met you guys, I went on a trip right? I was actually visiting my cousin who's now studying abroad. He's interested to take care of those matters for me.' Seonghwa explains.

'Wait do you really have no interest in being king at all?' San asks.

'No. I really don't want that sort of responsibility, I just want to live a normal life.' Seonghwa says and looks at Jennie and smiles.

'I can be king if you don't want to be.' Wooyoung says and the group laugh.

'The capital would be on fire if you were to become king.' Yeosang says and scoffs.

'Sorry I'm late.' Yunho says and arrives in the dining room. He sits down next to San and Hongjoong.

'How come you're so late?' Jennie asks the male and he blushes.

'He was on a date.' Seonghwa says and smirks.

'Your highness!' Yunho says as a habit.

'She's really pretty as well.' Seonghwa says and smiles cheekily. Yunho narrows his eyes at the prince.

'I have still yet found a pretty lady in the capital I can drink beer with.' Wooyoung says and pouts.

'You'll find one soon don't worry. The capital is full of alcoholics.' Mingi says and smiles innocently at the blond.

'Even the 5 year old is mocking me.' Wooyoung says and pretends to cry as San pats his back.

'What are you going to do with the money then?' Jennie asks. The group hasn't talked about the future yet. They are gathered because they wanted to look for treasure and gain money for capital citizenship.

But now they have is all, it's uncertain what their future holds.

'I miss the ship...' San says quietly. They all look to him with widened eyes.

'So I'm not the only one?'

'Thank god you feel the same.'

The members all chatter, but then look to Jennie who's been quiet. Noticing the stares, she looks to Seonghwa.

'I kinda miss it too...' Jennie says quietly and shyly.

Seonghwa nods and looks to Hongjoong.

'Your offer still stands right?' Seonghwa asks the captain, he smiles.

'Of course. Your forever welcome to our ship.'

Seonghwa looks to a shock Yunho, who has a slightly disgusted and uncomfortable expression.

'Does that mean I have to come as well?' Yunho says and Seonghwa smiles cheekily at the guard.

'I guess I'll be a pirate prince now.' Seonghwa says and chuckles.

'Pirate king sounds better.'

fin.