15

~Luke's POV~

Ophelia was quite a naive girl, if she believed that all I wanted was to be friends. In a way, it was almost sort of cute.

I'd not been friends with a girl in a long time, perhaps since seventh or eighth grade. She would be the first one in years, but I was sure that it wouldn't be anything that I couldn't handle. Ophelia was a rather innocent girl, so I knew it wasn't like she was only being friends with me to try to jump my bones, like most girls tried to do nowadays. I guess they thought being friends would make it easier, but it was honestly unnecessary.

As bad as it sounded, all girls were the same to me. If one wanted in my pants, I'd take it. Sure, I dated girls, but it wasn't like it was because I had feelings for any of them. I hadn't had feelings for anyone in a long time. Nobody had caught my eye, I guess.

And Ophelia was no different from these other girls, really. She wasn't.

"Luke?" Ophelia's soft voice called for me as she sat with me at the table in the student lounge area, a frown on her plump lips. They were pink and so glossy that I wanted to kiss them until the shine was all gone. "Hm?" I murmured, shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts. "You spaced out." She said, eyeing me closely.

"It's nothing, gorgeous." I dismissed immediately, making her look at me with uncertainty. I was ready to come up with some sort of excuse, not wanting to tell her what had really been on my mind, but she seemed to believe my lie because she smiled at me. "Okay." She said simply. She believed me so easily that it was almost upsetting. I didn't know a girl could be so utterly naive, but clearly she was.

"Saniya absent again today?" I asked her, glancing at the empty seat on the other side of her that her friend usually sat in. She nodded her head, pouting her bottom lip out. "Yeah. She got sick, so she was absent yesterday and today." She explained, sighing softly.

I hummed as I looked at her, not really caring very much. "That sucks." I mumbled disinterestedly, scanning my eyes over her side profile. Even though I looked at her every day, she was so hot that I couldn't help but to be awed by how attractive she was every time I saw her. "Yeah." She sighed. "I'm thinking about going to check on her after school." She added, and I hummed again, not exactly listening. "Sounds nice." I muttered, trailing my eyes down the slope of her neck and then down to her chest.

Ophelia's light green dress she had on today was cute on her and fit her nicely, but I was pretty goddamn sure she didn't know that the top of it was so tight on her tits that I could see her white bra through the fabric if I looked hard enough. And even though she had on a pair of light green heels with little daises on them, she was still much shorter than me. I wasn't complaining, though. She looked good and I liked how short she was in comparison.

My eyes trailed to her thick thighs, watching her dainty fingers play with the skirt of her dress. "Hey, Luke?" She called for me again, making me look up at her and raise a brow. "Yeah?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. For someone who said just yesterday that she hadn't wanted to be friends with me, she sure liked to talk to me now. "Saniya said you broke up with her because she was too clingy." She mentioned, eyeing me closely. "Is that true?" She asked.

And just because I didn't really care if she knew the truth, I shook my head. "No. I just got bored." I confessed.

She blinked, the surprise evident on her face. I knew she didn't like my answer when she frowned deeply and narrowed her brown eyes at me. "You got bored?" She echoed, borderline scoffing. I raised a brow. "You asked me if it was true. I just told you the answer." I responded simply, making her roll her eyes.

"You are cruel. Saniya is a nice girl and she didn't deserve that." She said, looking at me closely. I don't know why, but I found myself a little taken aback. Sometimes I forgot that although Ophelia was sweet, she didn't have a problem in telling me what she thought. She'd proved that to me many times now. "I'm cruel, hm?" I repeated, not really caring. I'd heard it all before—that I was an asshole, a heartless dick, a player. I was used it by now. It wasn't my fault that they heard how I was with girls and then came to me anyways.

"Yes." Ophelia grumbled, shaking her head. "Got bored. Saniya isn't a board game, Luke, and nor are any of the other girls you've fucked and then chucked when you get bored." She scowled, glaring at me.

I looked at her, raising a brow patiently. "Are you done?" I asked, disinterested.

"Only because I know you're not going to change just because I tell you the truth. You're too much of an ass. Too fucking absorbed in yourself." She snapped, standing up from her seat as she slung her backpack over her shoulder and glared down at me. "Sit down." I said, grabbing her wrist gently so that she couldn't storm off, like I knew she was about to. "Let me go." She responded, trying to pull away.

It wasn't like I was holding her tightly at all, but she still was unable to get me to let go. Knowing that she wasn't going to sit down, I tugged and she stumbled a little, to which I took the opportunity to tug her down onto my knee. She froze and I struggled to contain an amused smirk, peering down at her. "Thought we were friends, gorgeous. You always this mean to your friends?" I teased, and she huffed. "Only if they need to hear it." She responded, turning her face away. It was clear she was unhappy with me.

"I'm not going to apologize, Ophelia. You asked me for the truth and I gave you it." I said, and she scoffed and looked over at me. "I'm starting to understand more why Saniya said to avoid you." She admitted.

My lips pulled into a slight smile. "I know you don't approve, but I'm not forcing these girls into dating me. I'm not the one who asked any of them out. I'm also not the one making them keep coming to me despite the fact that everyone knows how I am. They all know how it's going to end and they ask me out anyways. Why is that my fault?" I murmured, making her pause. Her body, which was tense before, relaxed a little on top of me and I saw her dark brows furrow in a little bit. "You're right. However, you're the one who always says yes when they ask. Nobody is making you do that, just like nobody is making them come to you." She said quietly.

For the first time, I was surprised. I looked at her silently, unsure what to say now.

Ophelia managed to pull away from me and scrambled off of my lap, straightening out her dress. I peered up at her, watching her as she sat down in her seat again. She didn't seem angry anymore, but there was a tense silence between the both of us that neither one of us tried to break. We just sat there in it.