38

~Ophelia's POV~

"We should go to a party this weekend." Saniya said as I joined everyone at the lunch table, sitting down between Saniya and Stella. I looped my bag around the back of my chair and then scooted in up underneath the table, looking over at her.

"You say that every week." I pointed out, setting my tray of food in front of me as I raised a brow. It was true, too. Every Thursday, including today, she suggested that we should all go out to a party over the weekend. Usually everyone agreed, except for me. For some reason, Saniya would then proceed to pout before deciding that it would actually be better not to go after all. Then we'd do that process all over again the next Thursday, always at lunch. She really wanted me to go with everyone, and if I or anyone else refused, then nobody would go at all. It kind of made me feel like I was spoiling the fun for everyone else, honestly.

"Oh, come on!" Saniya whined at me, clasping her hands together like she was begging. "You say no every time! Can't you come with us? I swear you'll have fun! It'll be nice for you to just let loose." She encouraged hopefully, while everyone else watched on in curiosity. I knew that at this point I was the only one that was preventing them all from going to a party, so I sighed and looked down at my tray, dipping a french fry into my ketchup. "Fine..." I grumbled, popping the salty, warm fry into my mouth. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to go." I agreed reluctantly.

To be honest, I didn't really know if it was a good idea to go to a party, but that was mostly because I wasn't a fan of leaving my house unless it was to garden or go to school. Partying just sounded like a hassle, but I didn't want to hold everyone else back from going, either.

She grinned widely and clapped her hands in excitement, glancing around at everyone else. "Told you I could get her to agree!" She exclaimed to Noah, pointing a manicured finger at him. He grumbled and slipped a five dollar bill across the table to her, a snicker leaving Zuri and Judah at Noah losing their apparent bet. Why they'd made it at all, I wasn't sure, but I didn't ask. "Whatever." Noah grumbled, pouting.

"So when's this party you want to go to?" Stella asked, sounding impatient. Saniya's brown eyes flicked over to Stella's blue-green eyes, a smile still on her face. "Tomorrow night, actually. I'll be taking Phe, since she doesn't have a car, but we should meet up there at eight. After school today, I'll text you guys the address when I'm sure that I've got it right." She said to everyone, and Stella grinned excitedly.

"Finally. I need a rebound after my breakup with Luke. I'm so gonna get laid tomorrow night." Stella said, laughing with Zuri.

**

After school on Friday, I stood in my closet, trying to think of what the heck I was supposed to wear. I mean, I'd never been to a party, so I didn't have any type of clothes that I thought were good enough to wear to a party. What did people even wear?

Frowning, I looked through my dresses, wondering if I had literally anything at all that I could wear that wouldn't make me look underdressed. I ended up giving up after a while and instead I just headed into the bathroom to take off my makeup and then take a shower, so I could think it over for a little bit. Once I showered and my face was clear of any makeup, I left the bathroom and sat down in the chair in front of my vanity, trying to think of what the heck I was gonna wear. If I'd known I'd struggle with such a simple decision, I'd never have agreed to go to this party!

As I pondered, my phone began to ring next to me on my vanity, vibrating loudly against the surface. I picked it up and answered thoughtlessly, not even looking to see who was calling first. "That was quick. Were you just waiting for my call, gorgeous?" Luke's voice asked in a playful tone, making me freeze. I'd honestly just assumed that it was probably Saniya.