17

~Ophelia's POV~

"Phe!" My mom called for me as I sat in my room in bed, dressed in my pajamas. I glanced up, knowing she was calling for me from the living room, most likely. "Yeah?" I called back.

Silence. There was no answer.

"Mom, what is it?!" I yelled, not wanting to have to get up from my bed. But alas, she didn't respond yet again, so I was sadly forced to get up out of bed and from underneath my warm blankets.

My white nightgown that had little blue flowers on it slipped down over my thighs more as I stood up, a groan leaving me. I hated when she would call for me and then purposefully not respond when I called back, just to make me get up and come to where she was. Could she not just yell back to me from where she was at? I mean, she'd done it the first time.

I made my way down the hallway and into the living room, where I found both my mom and my granny sitting on the couch. Mom was drinking coffee while my granny had a cup of tea in a little floral tea cup as she watched TV. Granny's favorite thing to drink was tea, for as long as I could remember. "What's wrong?" I asked mom as I sat down on the other couch, wondering what was so important that she had made me come all the way in here.

Granny smiled. "Your dad is going to be here in an hour. He wants to take you out for lunch." She said, making me freeze. I prayed that I had heard her wrong. "Excuse me?" I blinked, glancing over at my mom to see if it was true. When she smiled and nodded her head as if this was a good thing, I knew that they weren't just joking with me. My dad was going to be here in an hour, and I was going to be forced to go to lunch with him.

"No. Mom, I don't want to." I refused, shaking my head as I peered down at her with a frown.

My mom set her coffee cup on the table and furrowed her brows, giving me that no nonsense look. "Phe, this is a good thing. You haven't seen him in a long time and he misses you. Besides, it's just one lunch. It'll be nice!" She said enthusiastically. It was as if I was the only one here who remembered that he had left. He was the reason I hadn't seen him in years, yet I was supposed to believed that he had missed me?

"Please don't make me. I don't want to see him. I don't need him." I pleaded, but she sent me a look that told me to shut up. "You're going to lunch with your father whether you like it or not, Ophelia. He flew all the way down here last night just to see you. You're going, so go get ready." Mom demanded, no room for negotiation left in her tone. I wanted to continue to protest, but I knew it would do no good. My mom had made up her mind and I knew her well enough to know there'd be no changing it, not with this. She was a stubborn woman, so maybe that's where I got it from.

"Fine." I huffed, spinning around before I angrily marched back down the hall and into my bedroom. I slammed my bedroom door shut and heard mom yell at me from the living room, but I completely disregarded it as I went into the bathroom to shower.

I took a long shower this time, far longer than I would normally take, but I was in need of some time to myself so I could calm down. Something about taking showers always calmed me down, soothed me. By the time I got out, I was still upset but I wasn't as angry. I'd just have to get this lunch over with. I didn't know how long I'd been in the shower or how much longer I had to get ready, but I took my time doing my makeup anyways.

My father could wait a little longer for me to be ready if he got here early. After all, I'd been waiting for years without ever hearing a word from him. He was lucky to be able to even set foot near me.

Once I finished doing my makeup, I put on some undergarments and then blow dried my still damp hair in the bathroom, brushing it out afterwards. Deciding to leave my hair down in its natural state, I headed into my closet to look for something to wear, sifting through my things. I ended up picking out a white tank top with a yellow butterfly on the chest, matched with a flowy pink skirt that had green vines with leaves on it and a pair of white heeled boots with a black sole that had small pink and green butterflies on them. Aside from my necklace, I used green hair clips to pin my hair back at the front and a little green purse to keep my phone in.