23

~Luke's POV~

I stalked out of Stella and I's bedroom after I had finally managed to wrangle myself out of Stella's arms, which seemed to never want to let me go, even when she was fucking passed out sleeping. She was so clingy and I wasn't sure how much more of it I could take. The sex wasn't even really worth having to put up with her constantly clinging to me anymore.

Running a hand through my hair in slight frustration, I walked down the hall and through the living room, heading into the kitchen to try to find something to eat. Surely Saniya wouldn't mind. Well, she would, but she'd put up with it.

To my surprise, when I entered the kitchen I saw that Ophelia was in there as well, making herself what looked like a sandwich. I looked at her from where I stood in the entrance of the kitchen, knowing that she hadn't noticed me being here yet as she hummed to herself and lightly swayed while she made her food.

Ophelia's long, dark hair fell down her back in messy waves that I would've loved to feel in my hands, just to see how soft it was. "What are you still doing awake, gorgeous?" I asked before I could stop myself, leaning against the island counter as I peered at her from behind. The sound of my voice obviously startled her, judging by the way that she jumped in surprise and then quickly spun around, a hand on her heart. "Geez," She breathed out when she saw it was only me. "You scared me, Luke." She scolded.

"Shit, sorry." I chuckled, smiling at her in amusement. It wasn't like I'd been trying to sneak up on her or anything.

"Um, I was just up making myself a snack. I couldn't sleep and got hungry." She answered, a strand of dark hair falling into her face that she quickly pushed back behind her ear. "What about you? I thought you'd be asleep with Stella by now." She assumed, cocking her head to the side.

I snorted and rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "It'd be a miracle if I could get to sleep with her always trying to smother me." I responded, frowning to myself. "She's so fucking clingy, it's annoying." I added thoughtlessly, sighing as I watched her spread miracle whip onto her bread with a butter knife.

She looked over at me and frowned. "You say everyone is clingy." She retorted, making my lips twitch up. "Can't argue with that." I agreed, chuckling. A lot of the girls I dated I ended up breaking up with out of complaints that they were too clingy, or at least that was the reasoning that I gave them. In reality, it was just that I had simply had enough of them being around me and no longer thought the sex was worth being with them for.

"But Stella actually is clingy. You've seen how she is with me." I defended, pouting at the pretty girl in front of me.

A cute giggle slipped out of her lips as she glanced over her shoulder at me, pouty pink lips pulled into a smile. "Yes, I have seen. That's just because she really likes you, though." She said, defending Stella for some reason that I could not fathom. Stella and her were hardly even able to qualify as friends, in my opinion.

Rolling my eyes, I didn't bother to argue with her on this again. I'd told her time and again that Stella didn't like me, not really. If anything, Stella liked the idea of being able to control me after the reputation that I had been given for running through girls. She was sadly mistaken if she thought she was anywhere close to getting there, it was almost funny.

"So what brought you in here? Just come to watch me make a sandwich and complain about Stella?" Ophelia asked, cleaning off the butter knife in the sink before she washed her hands and began to clean up the mess that she had made on the counters while making her sandwich. I smiled slightly, watching her as she tossed a few things of trash into the can and raised a brow at me. "I was feeling pretty hungry myself, actually." I admitted, standing up straighter and rounding the edge of the island counter.