40

Channa's eyes widened and she stared blankly at Dove. "Y-you're pregnant?"

Dove smiled and nodded repeatedly, "With twins..." Channa clasped her hands over her mouth before jumping up and down with joy. "I'm gonna be a grandma." she hugged Dove and squeezed her tightly. "How many months gone?"

"Three."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you."

"thank you."

"Does Taehyung know?" Channa asked. "N-no, but I'm gonna tell him once he's out of the coma. Hopefully he wakes up before they're here."

"I'm sure he will, just don't stress too much. I know it might sound cruel, but you have you're children to think about. If Taehyung is stressing you out take an early break from work." she advised taking into consideration her unborn grandchildren and their mother's mental health. "Please look after yourself."

"I will try." Dove smiled and was hugged one last time before they re-entered the room. The atmosphere had turned back to a unhappy dreading one, but Channa and Dove both had hope in their hearts. Taehyung will wake up one day, they just don't know how long that day may take to eventually arrive.

....

It had been a few weeks since Dove told Channa about the pregnancy and she has cheeked in on her at least twice a week, to make sure everything was okay.

Unfortunately Taehyung still hasn't woken up, but Dove always spends the last two hours of her shift with Taehyung. Sometimes it's to do tests, other times she just sits and talks to him about her day and the patients she had...and how much she misses his smile. His soft voice, his gentle stare, his constant "I love you's"

Dove was sat on the kitchen floor crying her eyes out. She couldn't cope with the pain of seeing him everyday, it just brings back her anxiety and depression. She gets a dread feeling every time she steps foot in the hospital, even if she wasn't his carer she would get paranoid that same person who tried to kill him would somehow try and finish the job. But his family have the same paranoia so they have arranged two guards to be outside his room to make sure nobody that is not known within the family could get in. But she still has her doubts.

Her front door burst open and Jungkook and Anisha ran into her house. "Babe!" Anisha yelled running over to Dove's tiny body in the corner. "Did you hurt yourself, let me see Dovie." she sighed stroking her head.

Dove showed Anisha her arms and burst out crying. "I'm sorry." Jungkook walked over to her and sat next to his girlfriend. "Dovie I think you need to stop working...once the babies are old enough to be left with a nanny or with their father you should stay away from the hospital or you end up like this."

"But I miss him." she sobbed. He grabbed her wrist and wiped away the blood. "Well you have your children to think about Dove. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything for you from now on. If you're not more vigilant and aware, god forbid but you could have a miscarriage. Do you really want that Dove. You're mentally unstable at the moment you need some help from your midwife." He grumbled.

"I'm calling your work tomorrow and telling them you're not coming in because you need to take care of your mental health and your babies. Taehyung wouldn't want you stressing over him whilst you're pregnant and you know that as well as I do." Jungkook objected in a harsh tone. Anisha looked at him and sighed.

"Kook don't you think you should be a little calmer with her. She's not well right now and she's pregnant."

"No Anisha, I don't think so. She's putting her life and the life of her unborn children at risk. She should think more about the outcome of her actions."

Dove gulped and patted Anisha's hand to say 'don't worry about it' "H-he's right Anisha...I'm being selfish." she uttered with a faint smile. "I can't always rely on you to come help me with my problems...I'm sorry."

Jungkook finished bandaging up her wrist and patted her on the head. "It's okay Dove, I think we should stay here for the night...just to make sure you're okay."

"You really don't have to...I'll be fine."

She was about to get up when Anisha and Jungkook both sat her down. "We're staying, I pack some clothes and things for me and Jungkook anyway. Go wash your face and we'll talk okay."

Dove felt a sense of calm and peace. Her friends are always there for her no matter what goes on. She's lucky to have such people in her life. Her parents might not be there but she's not alone.

••••••
Sorry I've been gone for so long. Tbh I was stuck. I didn't know what the fuck I was writing or how I'm gonna finish this book. I'm rubbish at endings...I've always been. 😭🤡 I doubt its ending soon though I have a plan for the future and it might be 60-something chapters. Idk. Should I make it a sad ending or a happy one. Idfk.

Thank u all for being patient with me. I've had a few things on my plate and I started going places coz lockdown has eased. Hope you're all well and safe. ❤️❤️❤️