II. Vincent

"BRANDY HURRY UP I DONT HAVE ALL FREAKING DAY" Audrey yells before throwing a pillow at me.

"I'LL COME LATER GO WITHOUT ME" I yell back.

It's 10am and Audrey's supposedly to be there before 11 since she has to help set up with Bethany's family.

"OKAY BYE!" she yells followed by mumbling before I hear the door shut.

I assume Donny left to get JayJay to meet Audrey at the tea house. I have about an hour and half to get ready, that's if I decide to go. Nope I'll go. Why not?

It's like 89 degrees outside. New York City.

I take a cold shower and blow dry my hair. But it took me less than 30 minutes to find something to wear and to get ready. That's a record actually.

High Waisted Levi's, a white wife-beater crop top and my Stan Smith's can pull off a basic casual fit. I didn't want to over dress or anything, especially in this weather.

I grab my fanny pack, keys and a bottle of water. I make sure I have my metro card with me. I hate loosing them and having to buy another one.

It's about a 30 minute train ride from the Upper East Side to World Trade, I have my music with me to pass time. I text the sibling group chat to let them know that I decided to go.

The train ride wasn't bad but I accidentally scraped myself on the way out. Great. I'm lucky that there's a Walgreens and a Target near by.

After buying the bandaids I have to head back to the train station to World Trade Center, if I leave now I'll make it.

For some reason I'm rushing because I want to catch the train and all of a sudden I collide with someone. They always say watch where you're going.

"I'm so sorry" I apologize.

"It's totally fine" I hear the figure say.

An accent?

I look up to him, wait. He's tall. I'm 5'6 but I have to look up to him just to make eye contact.

He's attractive. As fuck.

"You sure? I'm in a rush that's all" I reason.

He smiles. Uhm what?

"I'm sure, I'm not from around here so sorry about that"

"I figured, you lost or something?" I ask him as we move to the side before people start giving us looks.

"Yeah I am" he jokes.

"Oh well, where are you tryna go? Maybe I can help"

I don't know him but I can't just bump into him and be rude and just leave, the least I can do is help him. Maybe fate I guess.

"My sister wants me to meet her at this cafe in Tribeca" he says showing me the address.

"Oh I know that place, I'm actually going somewhere in the same area"

"I guess I'm lucky" he says.

"I guess you are" I smile.

"I'll help you out. I'm Brandy" I say giving him the impression of him telling me his name.

He hesitates for a while, I don't know why before he answers me.

"Vincent" he answers.

Everyone, well almost everyone calls me Brandy. It's less fancy than my actual name which I can live with.

"So what brings you here?" I ask him while we walk to the train station.

"Business"

"What kind of business?" I question.