29)Awkward Atmosphere

Bucky looked furious. I wasn't sure who he was mad at though. "Who is the father?" Thor asked looking at my baby bump. My eyes flicked to Bucky. I can't do that to him- my feelings on that haven't changed.

"It was a one-night stand. He didn't want anything to do with us" I hold my stomach and look down. I know Steve would be upset but I just can't.

"Who is he?" Bucky asked with a clenched jaw. His fists were in tight balls.

"Uhm..."

"Maybe she doesn't want to say" Natasha said quickly. I knew I could always reply on her.

"Is that why you left?" Sam asked.

"Yeah. I was too stressed here" I trace my stomach lightly.

"May I feel your stomach Lady Rouge?" I laugh at Thor's shyness and allow him. He puts his hand on me lightly and keeps it there for awhile. "It's not kicking" He frowned. I shrugged.

"WAIT A MINUET" Tony gasped dramatically, "Do you know the gender" I look down and grin.

"Yes!" I squeal. They quickly asked what it was.

"It's a boy" I smile softly. "My sweet little baby boy" I hope he looks just like his father.

I saw Bucky walking up to me and looked at him. He said nothing but eventually his arms were wrapped around me. We say nothing and I hug him back. I've missed this. Everyone else was quiet too.

"Can I feel?" He asks timidly. I smile and nod. He puts his hand one hand around me and the other on my stomach. I put my hand on his flesh one and my smile widened as I felt him kick. "HE KICKED!" Bucky exclaimed in shock and pure happiness.

"What! He would not kick for me!" Thor pouted.

"Guess he likes our Buck then" Steve smirked. I felt a smile come on my face which fell slightly after awhile.

I feel Bucky holding me tightly and look up at him. He had a huge proud smile on his face and it hurt me. Why couldn't he be that happy at the thought of having a family with me.

"You two look like soon-to-be parents" Sam snickered and I instantly felt sick.

"I don't think I can ever have family Rouge" He whispers looking at the wall. "I'm a killer. An assassin. I'll always have people after me and if I have a family- then they'll be targeted too" With ever reason I felt my heart break into millions of more pieces.

"I want to be with you doll. But I can't have a family with you. I can't- I'm sorry" I barely withhold my tears and stand up. He lets me go easily and I go into my room. As soon as the door's closed I slouch down it and let the tears loose.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed" I feel my smile fall completely and I quickly walk out.

"Did I say something wrong?" I heard Sam.

"Idiot!" Loki hissed.

I open and close the door to the room and fall onto the bed, sitting up against the head board. I hold my knees to my chest and let the tears fall down. I shouldn't have come back. It's not good for the baby being here.

I hear a knock on the door and groan. "I don't care who you are, you can piss off! I'm not interested in whatever you want to talk about" I grumble. The door opens anyway and Bucky walk in and comes to sit on my bed.

"Are you okay?"

I smile, "I will be"

"I'm sorry. For everything" I roll my eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry about"

"I do, if I hadn't been so horrible to you then you wouldn't have left. Had that one night stand. Got pregnant" He looks down at his hands.

"I'm not sorry" He looks up confused and slightly hurt. "You can't blame yourself for not wanting the same thing as me. I'm a family person. You're not. As simple as that" I don't look at him.

"You shouldn't have to raise the baby all alone" He looks at my stomach. "I can help you" He says softly. I should be happy, but I'm furious.

I glare at him. "Now you wanna play happy family?" I laugh humorlessly as his eyes widen. "I don't want you pity help!" I stand up.

"Wait no, that came ou-"

"You didn't want a family with me before Barnes!" I spat out and he flinched. "You had your chance and you didn't want it. So don't think just because you feel like this is your fault, that you have to play father!"

"Rouge, it's not li-" I cut him off as I storm out the room and slam the door. I see everyone at the end of the corridor and glare at them.

"Listening to people's conversations IS RUDE!" I scream at them and they flinch.

"Why is she so mean now" Thor frowned like a sad puppy. I look at him as the others gulp.

"Thor sweetie" I mock. He looks scared. "I'm sorry" I pout and open my arms. He looks confused but comes over and hugs me. "I don't mean to be mean" I sigh. "But the baby is being a bitch and is making me very hormonal"

Then the door opened and Bucky came out the room. "For fuck sake Rouge, we still need to talk!" I let go of Thor and rolled my eyes.

"I told you Barnes, I don't want your pity he-" He covered my mouth and I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Buck maybe that isn-" He cut Steve off.

"Not right now Steve!" He shoved me back into the room and slammed the door with his foot. I finally managed to pry his hand off me.

"What is your problem BARNES!"