nineteen

It was weeks later, and Jennie could tell how Rosé had changed after their encounter. She was more quiet, she didn't crack as many jokes. It was almost like she was being careful with what she said because she didn't want to anger Jennie.

They had still went to events together, even though Taeyong didn't approve. Jisoo just sat back and let her sister make her own choices. After all, what could she do about it? Rosé had always been independent, and it wasn't going to change now.

Jennie wasn't focused on any of Rosé's family. She was only focused on Rosé. She wanted the old Rosé back.

"Don't tell me you're catching feelings," Lisa teased.

Jennie rolled her eyes. "I don't do that."

Lisa chuckled, sipping the drink that she ordered. They were out on a lunch date.

"It's okay if you are. It'd be nice to see you settle down," Lisa said. "I just thought you didn't ever want to do that."

"I don't," Jennie said.

"Seems like you do," Lisa smiled. "You're in love with that girl."

Jennie glared at her best friend. "No, I'm not."

"Oh, yeah?" Lisa raised her eyebrow. "Prove it."

Jennie stood from her seat. "Why?"

Lisa smirked. "You claim you're not in love with her? I want you to prove it. Hitting her wasn't enough."

The older girl stepped around the table, getting closer to Lisa. "I will ruin your fucking life," she warned. "Do not test me."

Lisa laughed as Jennie went to walk out. "I bet Jongin is fucking her as we speak."

Jennie stopped at the door, looking her best friend up and down.

"You have three days," Lisa said. "Prove it."

Jennie rolled her eyes and walked out. She drove back to her house, her knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel so hard, and went inside. She paced around the living room, trying to calm herself down.

She hadn't seen Roseanne in weeks, and it was driving her crazy. Rosé was the only thing that kept Jennie sane, and it sucked that her family was the one keeping the two apart.

Jennie let out a yell, throwing the flower vase that was beside her across the room. That didn't calm her down, though, so she continued. She pushed everything off of her coffee table, and threw anything that was in her reach. Her vision was dogged with tears. Who knew Roseanne would have this effect on her?

The girl began sobbing as she tore up her house. She was going crazy. She wasn't used to loving someone, and it was even worse that that someone didn't love her back. The worst part being that is was all her fault. All because she didn't want Lisa to think she was in love.

There was a knock on her door. The girl spun around, looking at her door. She ran her hand through her hair as she walked to her door, ready to cuss out whoever it was.

"What the hell do you—" she stopped herself when she saw who it was. "Rosé?"

The girl looked up at Jennie, sadness and fear in her eyes. Jennie nearly broke down at the sight of her. She lifted up her hand to caress Rosé's face, but pulled back when she saw the younger girl flinch.

"Never again," Jennie shook her head, pulling her girlfriend into a hug. "I will never do that to you again."

Rosé hugged her back as she looked around Jennie's house. "What happened?"

Jennie pulled away, shaking her head as she wiped her tears. "Nothing you need to worry about," she said, softly. "Who brought you here?"

Rosé smiled as she walked into her girlfriend's house. "Uber," she said. "They had to go to an event, and I didn't feel like tagging along."

"Why?"

"Why what?" Rosé asked, sitting down.

"Why did you come see me?"

The younger girl furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Jennie. "Seems like you forgot that we're dating," she said. "I still love you, Jennie. Nothing's going to change that."

"But I—"

"I don't know what goes on in that head of yours," Rosé said, "but I do know that you didn't mean it. I forgave you. Now, it's time for you to forgive yourself."

Jennie shook her head, walking over to her girlfriend. "I don't deserve your forgiveness—"

"Yet, I gave it to you anyways," Rosé grabbed Jennie's face, looking into her eyes. "I'm fine. I'm okay."

Jennie's eyes softened as she scanned Rosé's face. "You're too good for me..."

"You're too bad for me," Rosé said as their foreheads touched. "We're the perfect match."

-

a/n: hmmm

teehee

here's a picture of me to (hopefully) better your day.

also a reminder that black lives matter :)