twenty two

Once the show was over, Jennie and Rosé were the first the leave. They didn't want to converse, they just wanted to go home. Unfortunately, as soon as they walked out, cameras were immediately shoved into their faces.

Jennie gently pushed Rosé's head down, not wanting her eyes to start hurting from the flashes.

"Jennie! Jennie, we heard you and your ex, Kai fought in the middle of the show! Is that true?!"

Jennie rolled her eyes, wrapping an arm around Rosé's waist.

"Jennie Kim, is Roseanne Park just another flavor of the month?!"

Rosé chuckled a bit at that one.

"Jennie, is Kai trying to get in the middle of you and Roseanne's relationship?!"

Jennie quickly lead Rosé away from the questions and to the car that was waiting on them. They got in the back and Jennie looked at Joshua, who was in the driver's seat.

"Roll up the partition, please."

He nodded, doing as he was asked.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that," Jennie said.

"I've witnessed worse," Rosé said. "It may not have been your best idea to do it in front of everyone, but—"

Rosé's phone began ringing. She took it out of her purse, checked the caller ID, and groaned.

"It's Taeyong," she said.

"Answer it."

Rosé accepted the call.

"Hello?"

"You need to be at home tonight."

"I'm not your child, TY," Rosé said. "You can't tell me what to do."

"We need to talk," Taeyong let out a sigh. "Bring Jennie."

Rosé made eye contact with her girlfriend. "O..kay?"

"See you at home. Bye, Roseanne."

"Bye?"

Taeyong ended the call.

"Why do I need to be there?" Jennie asked.

Rosé shrugged. "Let's just get it over with."

Jennie tapped into the partition and Joshua rolled it down.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Take us to Roseanne's apartment," Jennie said.

Joshua looked back at her, giving her a questioning look. Jennie shook her head at him.

"Okay," he turned back around, rolling up the partition.

Rosé looked up from her phone, not catching the two's interaction.

"He won't tell me what you need to be over there for," Rosé said.

"I'm sure it has something to do with what just happened."

The younger girl hummed. "Let's just hope it doesn't get out of hand."

Jennie scoffed. "Right."

After a couple of minutes, they made it to Rosé's apartment. The two got out of the car and went up to the correct floor. Rosé knocked on the door and it was immediately opened.

"Hey, Rosé," Taeyong opened the door, his eyes moved to Jennie. "Jennie."

"Taeyong," Jennie responded.

"Are you going to let us in?" Rosé asked.

The boy stepped aside and the two walked in. Jennie scanned the room to see Lisa, Joy, Jisoo, and Lucas.

"Why are you two here?" Jennie looked at her best friends.

"We're your best friends," Lisa said. "Even though we aren't on the best of terms right now, I'm not going to miss you beating this bitch ass."

"Nobody's fighting," Lucas rolled his eyes at Lisa.

"Why aren't you guys on the best of terms?" Rosé asked.

"Well, you see, Roseanne—" Lisa began, but Jennie cut her off.

"No particular reason," Jennie shot her friend a glare. "Why did you want me to be here?"

Everyone looked at each other in silence.

Jennie raised her eyebrow. "You're wasting my time," she said. "I'm leaving."

She turned to leave, but Rosé grabbed her arm.

"You're not leaving," she said.

"Who's gonna stop me—"

"Jennie," Joy spoke up.

Jennie glared at her.

"I'm sorry."

"I don't care," Jennie spat.

"Jennie!" Rosé scolded her.

"You expect me to forgive her just because she found out I knew and now she feels guilty?" Jennie asked. "I'll suck dick before I accept her apology."

"Can I volunteer?" Lucas stepped forward.

Jennie gave him the middle finger, not breaking eye contact with Rosé.

"Come on, J," the younger girl begged. "Do it for me."

Jennie's eyes softened. She looked at Joy, then back at Rosé. She let out a sigh, glancing over at Lisa. The model gave Jennie a smirk, as if to say, 'I told you.'

She made eye contact with Rosé once more and tilted her head to the side. She placed her hand on her girlfriend's face, giving her a soft smile.

"No."

Rosé was taken aback. "But—"

"I'm leaving," she said, then turned to Lisa and Lucas. "Let's go."

Jennie walked out, Lisa following right behind her. Lucas stopped in front of Rosé, putting a hand on her shoulder. There was a hint of sorrow in his eyes, and Rosé couldn't quite figure out why.

"I'll see you later, pretty lady," he gave the girl a sad smile then left.

-

a/n: lucas knows something...

but what exactly is it that he knows?

anyways, sorry for the slow updates! i've been so busy this past week with work!