Chapter 44

The next day, I came to work right on time. I saw the senior who helped me yesterday. She arrived just a minute late than me.

"Good morning, Miss Hyejin." I greeted her.

"Good morning, too." She smiled.

I promised myself not to slack in my work. A few minutes later, I heard someone shouting some kind of announcement near the door.

"The boss is here!!!"

Then, everyone stood up. I followed their action.

Huh?

I looked at Miss Hyejin. She leaned over to me and spoke softly.

"We have to greet the boss every morning when he arrives."

Ahh... So that's why...

A man came in through the glass door.

"Good morning, sir." Everyone uttered the same thing as he passed them.

Woahh.. That charisma...

And then, it was my turned to greet him. When he was close enough, I greeted him politely.

"Good morning, sir."

(Sehun as Hyosin

(Sehun as Hyosin.)✨✨

He only nodded but did not turn to me just like he did to the other workers and continued his steps to his office.

Damn... He's so serious.. No wonder people would be terrified of him.

I followed his figure until he vanished from my sight.

"Such a handsome young man, right?" Miss Hyejin brought me back to my realisation.

"Ehh?? Y-yeah.. You can say it like that. I'm actually surprised he looks so young. I expect that our boss would be a middle aged man." I told her about my thoughts.

"That's Mr Hyosin for you. But don't get deceived by his appearance. He may look young but he takes his work seriously. Which is why many people respect him including those who are older than him."

I could not help but admired.

"However, it's also the same with JJ Group." She added.

"JJ Group? Isn't that company is our biggest rival?" I asked.

"Correct." She replied.

"The same as us.... You mean their boss is also young??"

"Exactly."

I was perplexed. Miss Hyejin saw my reaction.

"Hahaha... Well, I was just like you before. Somehow, I got used to it over the times." She patted my back.

———————————————

As time went by, I started to catch up with the others. I truly believed I showed great performance in my work because one day, I got to do an important task. Every year, many companies would participate in an event where there would be a presentation about our company's newest product. They knew our product would surely attract many customers. It was actually a simple presentation but because it was my first time, I was nervous but excited as well.

"Ah... two weeks more. I must do my preparation well."

I stayed although it was time to go home.

"You're not going home, y/n?" Hyejin asked.

I had been calling her without the "miss" since she said she did not want to be too formal with me.

"Well, I have so many things to do. I don't want to rush my work next week."

"Right... You were chosen to present.. Yeah, everyone gets to present each year. So, this year it's you. Good luck!" She motivated me.

"Thanks..." I smiled.

Then she exited the office.

After a while, I decided to stop.

"That's it for now. I'll continue tomorrow." While stretched my arms.

I packed my things and turned off the lights. I waited for the elevator door to open. I entered it and checked my phone when suddenly someone shouted.

"Wait!! Hold that door!!"

I quickly pressed the hold button. Then the person came in and I was bewildered as heck. It was Mr Hyosin.

"M-mr Hyosin." I uttered softly and bowed slightly.

He turned to his side where I was standing. He looked over at my name tag.

"Ah.. Are you the one who's going to present for our company?" He asked in his low voice tone.

Gulp.. he's scary as heck.

"Y-yes, sir..." I answered carefully.

"Okay then. Do your best. You're going to be the face of the company. So, don't mess it up." He said while staring at his watch.

I gulped.

One thing for sure, I was curious why he was using this elevator instead of his personal. There was this one elevator which was specifically made for him only.

"M-May I asked, sir but why are you using this elevator instead?"

"Ahh.. That's because the one I usually used need to be fixed. They're going to fixed it in the morning. Besides, it's my company so I can used anything I want here." He answered with a straight face.

I kinda expect he answered it like that and now I regretted for asking.

Arrogant...

I looked at my side and sneered.

"I shouldn't have ask earlier." I murmured quietly.

"Uhm? Did you say something?"

"Ah! N-nothing. Ha...ha.."

And the door opened.

We walked outside the building. I greeted him politely as he went to his car.

"Goodnight, sir."

But he did not replied back and continued walking.

Hmmm... yeah. Whatever.

~🌞