Chapter 47

I sighed after Jungkook left.

"Ehem.. Are you okay, Miss y/n?"

I almost forgot that my boss was just beside me.

"Y-yup."

"Good. I'm sorry to but in. Just that I can't help it since you looked distress when you were talking to him earlier. I thought he must had caused you inconvenience rather than vice versa."

I smiled a little.

"Ahh... You caught me. Yeah.. We did argued a bit just because of some small matters."

"Small matters... The way you said it.. Are you and him... in some kind of relationship??..."

I felt my blood gushed to my face.

"Oh- oh no no! We're not in that kind of relationship- Well, okay in the past but that was during school days. But we decided to forget about it and moved on."

The hell did I spilled it!!??

"Oh...... wow.... No wonder he looked so mad just now. Just the fact that you even worked for me."

"Nah.. Don't worry bout it Mr Hyosin and also.. Thank you for butting in just now. Because things was... yeah a bit uncomfortable. But you didn't really need to do that." I said.

"Nah. You helped my lil brother before. So, I was just paying back."

Oh! Hyunjoon!!

"Ah... I understand. Ok then."

"Anyway, I heard that Mr Jeon is going to engage with the heir of MM Company."

W-what???

"I-is that so? Good for him then." I tried to look unbothered because it made me felt uneasy. Well.. sort of.

"Hmm... oh yeah. I forgot to tell you that you did great just now."

"Really? Thank you, sir. I'm glad that you're satisfied with my performance."

Somehow it fixed my mood a bit.

                                      **********

Two days later......

It was a busy day not only for me but also for the other workers in the company. Suddenly our team leader came.

"Guys!! We need to send this document to JJ Group ASAP!! Is anyone free rn????"

I heard him but after I caught the name "JJ Group", I backed out.

Go and see that jerk's face? Nuh uh. Ain't gonna happen...

"Sorry team leader I had to work on this other project plan,"

"Sorry, my hands are full."

"Very sorry, I can't delay this work. The other team needs this soon."

None of them were available at the moment. I was busy too but I finished like 2/3 of my work and now I could relaxed a bit. But I felt sorry for the team.

Huh.... This is not fair for them. I'm only thinking bout myself. How selfish.

So I raised my hand.

"I-I'll help..."

The team leader's face lightened up.

"Really???? Thank you so much!!!! Er...."

"Y/n."

"Yes, yes. Thank you so much Miss y/n."

He gave me like two thick documents which I had no idea how many pages were there. I got into a cab and arrived 15 minutes later.