Chapter 48

Crap crap crap!!

He was getting closer and I did not dare to turn around.

I'm dead.

"Here. I need you to give this to the receptionist."

He handed me a letter.

Huh?

But I did not want to stick around any longer so I grabbed the document.

"Y-yes, sir." I said.

I went out and closed the door carefully. I entered the escalator and took a deep breath.

"Hufff.... I can't believe I almost got caught!!"

I literally could not imagine what would happen if I was exposed.

TING!

I went to the reception counter and handed over the letter.

At last!!! I escaped this building.

"I swear I will not step inside this building anymore!!!"

I hailed a cab and went back to the company.

———————————————

I decided to stay at Minyoung's just to tell her everything.

"No way!!!! You do realise that you could just decline right???" Minyoung was hugging a pillow while listening to my story.

"Of course! In fact, I did declined but that guy didn't listen and walked away. " I said.

"Damn.... Are you really not making this up? You were really in the elevator with Jungkook's fiancé?" Minyoung squinted her eyes.

"Oh man, how I wish you were there to witness everything. To be exact, she's his fiancé-to-be." My hands were going everywhere while I was explaining.

"That crazzzyy.. So. How does she looks like?"

"Hmm... Well, she was wearing branded clothing, looking like a daughter from a rich household. Oh wait. In fact, she is. She's the CEO's daughter of MM Company."

Minyoung was perplexed.

"Whatt??? She's that powerful? Gosh..... So... ehem. Aren't you hmmm.. ya know. Jealous?" Minyoung spoke softly as if she was afraid that I might be angry with her question.

In fact, I did.

"Jealous???? Tf would I be jealous for??!! Me and him were over long longggg time ago. So, now we're basically a stranger to each other. Besides, with his position now, he's wayyyy out of my league." I confidently opposed her statement but somehow I did not dare to see her in the eyes.

"So, you mean you don't have feelings towards him anymore although you saw him again the other day?" She kept on giving the question which I wasn't really fond of.

"Y-yeah. I don't have f-feelings towards him anymore."

We talked more and eventually fell asleep.

———————————————-

A few days later, I was on a business trip to Jeju. I was excited because I always wanted to go there. I could not help but to feel like it was a vacation although it was just a business trip.