Chapter 45

Two days later, I finished my work early than I thought. I decided to take a walk and bought some snacks.

"Hahhh.... I've worked so hard since the first day I got my job. Literally forgot to relax."

As I walked, I put on my earphones and listened to my playlist. Not long after that, suddenly, I saw 3 kids gathering near a tree. No one really noticed them there. Their actions were suspicious as they were kicking on something while laughing. I went closer to see what they were up to. To my surprise, a boy was squatting and crying in front of them. The boy was much smaller than those who were standing there.

What the- IS HE BEING BULLIED?!!

I quickly approached them.

"HEY! Kids! What are you doing?!!"

The kids were startled. They were scared at first but after they observed me, they started to talk back.

"It's none of your business!" One of them yelled.

I was stunned.

Am I really not that intimidating to them??!!

"N-none of my business??!"

I took a deep breathe and let it out slowly to calm me down just to stop me from taking unnecessary action.

"Listen, kids. Is that your friend over there? Why is he crying?" I tried to ask nicely.

They turned around.

"Oh him? Yeah. Don't ask any question anymore, woman. We're busy.

B-busy?! Okay. That's it!!

The boy's statement had really gotten onto nerves. I almost gonna raised my hand and slapped him in the face but thankfully I successfully restrained myself.

Huh... Think straight, y/n!

I looked at them and smiled.

"Heh.. You know what kids? I was really trying to be nice but you just gave me no choice."

I rolled up my sleeves. They started to look panicked.

"W-what are you d-doing?" The one in the middle asked and he seemed to be the leader. Maybe because his size was bigger than the other two.

"Oh me? I just realised how much I miss my boxing training so I need a little... you know, a lil warm ups.. But... I don't have any punching bag right now. Mine was already destroyed. Probably because I punched it too hard. Yikes..."

I cracked my knuckles. After that I continued.

"On a second thought, how about you guys help me to be the punching bag? Starting with you..."

I pointed to the kid in the middle. The look on their face was priceless.

"WE'RE SORRY!!!!!!!" All of them screamed in unison and ran away.

I chuckled. I turned to the boy who was crying just now.

"Hey, are you okay?"

He turned to me. His eyes were glistening.

Oh my!! What a cute lil boy!!

"You don't need to be scared of me. I'm a good person." I said while trying hard not to pat his head because maybe he would not be comfortable by it.

"Yea... T-thank you for that." He sniffled.

"Awww.. No problem!! By the way, my name is y/n."

"I'm Hyunjoon."

"Hyunjoon~.... So, where are your parents? Don't tell me you're alone??!" I was scared the idea of him being alone. Many bad things could have happened to him.

"Actually, I was just finished my tuition class and supposed to wait for my brother. However, he hasn't arrive yet and I was bored. So, I went to buy some snacks but unfortunately I ran into the bullies." He explained.

"What?? Hyunjoon~ you're supposed to wait for your brother first and ask him to buy the snacks with you. Promise me you would be careful next time, okay?"

"Okay~"

We made a pinky promised which I thought was very cute as his fingers were small. I've decided to keep him company until his brother arrived.

"Anyway, who's your brother-"

"BROTHER!!!!"

Hyunjoon ran fast towards a man who he had called "brother".

Ahh... He's arrived. Thank goodness.

"Hyunjoon!!! I've searched everywhere for you!! What are you doing here?? Do you know how worried I was??! Wait a sec. What's with your face?!!"

That! That is!!

None other, my arrogant boss, Mr Hyosin.

"I was being bullied by the other kids cause I didn't want to buy ice cream for them. But don't worry! I'm okay now. It's all thanks to this sweet beautiful lady. She saved me and her action was so cool!! C'mon! I want you to meet her!"

Hyunjoon dragged his arm and walked towards me. I freaked out.

Gosh!! Where should I hide? What should I do?!

But it was too late to think of a solution.

"Tada!! This is her!!"

I literally froze and tried to force a smile.

"H-hey~"

Totally uncool.

Mr Hyosin's reaction was just as same as mine.

"Miss y/n?"

Hyunjoon looked at both of us.

"You know each other??! No wait. Brother! Is she your girl- hmph!"

Mr Hyosin sealed Hyunjoon's mouth with his hand.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Miss y/n. But thank you for saving my bother earlier. I must get going now. See you in this office tomorrow."

He let off his hand from Hyunjoon.

"No cheque?"

He frowned.

Crap! Not good.

"Ha..ha... I'm kidding Mr Hyosin. I was just trying to make you laugh because you always look so serious most of the time." I said.

"I hope you don't do that "joke" again because it wasn't funny. See you around, Miss y/n." He said.

He's too stiff!! How stupid of me to think that he would get my jokes. Tch. Lame~

"Let's play some other time, sister y/n~"

Hyunjoon was sad to leave. I kneeled down and patted his head softly.

"Yes, I'll be waiting for that time to come~"

Mr Hyosin only watched us.

"Okay c'mon, Hyunjoon."

I watched them both walked away.

"Oh right, brother.. My question earlier. How do you know sister y/n?"

"She works at my company and stop calling her sister. That's not polite. She's not your sister. Called her "miss"."

Hyunjoon stuck his tongue out.

"Whatever~ She's my sister from now on. I don't care."

"Hahh.. Such a stubborn kid. C'mere!! I'll teach you a lesson."

I giggled by their action. Somehow, seeing Mr Hyosin behaved around Hyunjoon made me forgot how serious and scary he was. It was actually nice to see him looking happy for once.

~🖤