Turned Tables

"What happened, for today to happen?" she asked as I leaned back, shaken out of my daze.

"We're investigating threats coming from other parties than Hannig's. That's why he's demanding extra security, probably. He's not wrong."

"But something real must've happened, right? He acted really strange." 

Exhaling, annoyance started sparking inside of me. Her witty mind wasn't on my side at the moment. I knew quite well she could be treated the same way they handled Daphne. The girl was found in her cell with torture marks all over her body, both her manicured pinkies were cut off, probably in haste. 

The more she knew, the more danger she was in, for sure.

"Not everything's for you to know," I noted, dispassionate. 

She pressed her lips tightly shut. Her dark blue eyes were telling me she'd love to let me know how block-headed I was, but she held herself back, probably not even daring. 

After a few seconds, she finally released her breath and her bothered expression. "Alright, mister Special Agent."

"Do you want to stay here for a little while?" I asked, placing my hands on her thighs and drawing circular movements over her tensed muscles with my thumbs. She met my eyes with a hint of surprise.

"I'll stay if you tell me everything," she proposed, holding my wrists. "Then I at least know why you need me here." 

I shook my head. "Nope. If you make up your mind, you can come." 

Silence returned in the bathroom, as I picked up the vanilla scent of my own soap from her body. Somehow, it smelled way nicer on her. I knew she was angry with me. But I hadn't heard one hash word from her- even though I knew I was usually quite the dick.

"I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you were raised on a farm," she suddenly stated, after a while, with a wrinkle in her nose due to her large smile. "What was it, cows?" 

I shook my head again, lips twitched, and released her legs. "No, chicks." 

I imitated the size of a baby chicken with my hands as she burst out in laughing.

"Ah, that's not cute at all! They kill all the male ones, don't they?" 

I nodded in response, making her whimper and lean her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah. You know how? They just get all thrown in a macerator and get minced alive."

"Stop, you."

"Or in a gas chamber."

"Was it fun, on a farm?" she queried, after lifting the fingers she had placed on my lips.

"Sometimes. Once, I, uh..."

 I glanced away, but she caught my head between her hands, demanding with her eyes that I'd speak. Fine then, sharing something isn't all that bad. 

"I didn't like them being slaughtered either, so once, I helped sexing, and I saved a bunch of them. I raised them in my bed but when my dad found out he fed them to the dogs."

"Ah, Jesus, that isn't a fun story at all."

"Raising them in my bed was pretty fun," I told her with a smile. "They slept under my shirt."

"Didn't you crush them?"

"They're pretty good at surviving, you know. If I turned around, they all fled in time." 

She giggled at my response, as my hands gripped her waist. All I wanted to do was kiss her, but I was going to let her decide. Last time I kind of pushed myself on the girl, after all. She arched her back at my touch. Her blue eyes, full of curiosity and passion, searched for mine as she let out a shaky breath.

"That's very adorable."

"Bet." 

I loomed closer, until our lips were on the same height. She moved her hands over my chest, before arching her body to move her lips over mine, pulling me into a soft, warm, relaxing kiss. 

I gladly welcomed her careful advances as my hands moved over the length of her waist, cautious not to interfere with her soft kisses. It felt so damn warm. 

Her hands moved gently over my jaw en through my hair, supporting what may be the sweetest kiss I had ever received. She moved slow but with certainty. All my thoughts went completely numb. 

She let our lips part for a second to draw in a shivery breath as I inclined, planting kisses on her forehead, before reuniting her soft lips with mine again. It felt amazing. She felt amazing. Whereas the previous time was full of lust, this time, I was flooded with affection. And I had no idea I'd like it so much.

It felt like only a short number of blissful minutes but when she finally pulled away and I noticed that my surroundings had considerably darkened, I knew we must've been kissing for at least twenty minutes. 

The moment she lay her warm, glassy gaze on me, her hands brushing over my jaw, I knew the feeling in my groin was not just one of lust. Filled with euphoria and affection, I exhaled. The warmth of her body against mine still lingered. 

She placed one last kiss on my lips before I lifted her off the sink. Wobbling on her feet and letting out a shy giggle, she took hold of my arm to steady herself.

"I feel weird," she expressed, squeezing in my arm.

"Thanks."

"Ah," she laughed. "Not in a bad way at all." 

She looked up at me and I bowed forward without thought, drawing her into another kiss. Jesus, Sam, you already went at it for so long. Control yourself. 

Her hands held my arms firmly as they moved around her, exploring the shape of her tender body. I held her up, but my own knees started to considerably weaken as well. But that also could be the pressure on my bladder. 

I pulled back, kissing her on her ear. "I need to take a leak."

"Okay. Have fun, big man." 

She tried to stand on her own and tripped unsteadily to my room, disappearing into the bed, leaving me in utter confusion. Her scent still lingered in the air as I turned to the toilet and relieved myself of the pressure. 

What the hell was I doing, being so infatuated that I couldn't even control my actions? Usually, I had to be wary about women falling for me when I only desired something physical, but I felt like she turned the tables on me. 

Maybe it's for all those times, I thought, washing my hands. Well, let her use me for being a daddy-type, I don't think I would even mind.