Deep Into The Wild

"Have her scanned when she's awake. No, no need, we're not in a rush."

Shadows moved over me, they slipped through my blurry vision, blocked the agonizing heat from burning into my flesh. 

I'm abducted. 

I instantly tried to jump up, adrenaline roaring through my blood, but my body didn't respond. The rush was immediately replaced with panic. I couldn't move a thing. Breaking out in cold sweat, gravity pressed down on me with all the force it could muster. 

I tried to sharpen my vision, without success. My eyes were burning.

"Did you get rid of the bug?"

"Of course I did. You don't have to question my professionality."

I knew that voice. I knew it. But from where? Frantically, I tried to at least blink. There was sand everywhere, in my eyes, all over my body, under my clothes. It hurt. 

I wanted to cry, call my father, get him to take me away, go back to the UK, I wanted to fuck Samuel, stay with him, make some kids, marry him. 

My eyelids finally responded, and I started blinking uncontrollably.

"She is awake, can't you see?"

The other guy didn't respond anymore, and I heard footsteps distancing themselves from me. A heavy door closed with a thud as my index finger slowly started moving again. Before I knew it, my body hoisted itself up to a sitting position, as I took in the room around me, that was slowly sharpening. 

It was an office. 

I stared down at my clothes. There was no sand. The weird feeling was fading away as a prominent cinnamon-scent filled my lungs. Where the hell was this? In movies, people were taken to vacant factories, or basements, not offices.

I planted my hands on the ground and got up, wobbly. Checking my pockets to find Samuel's tracking device indeed gone, my situation getting worse with every passing. My body felt so damn heavy, and the sunrays through the large windows were heating up the room without mercy. 

I staggered to the desk. Files, folders and photos were spread out over the wooden surface, but no digital devices anywhere. My fingers instantly felt my earlobes to check if the diamonds were still there. The familiar texture made me sigh in relief.

I was about to look out of the window to check if it was morning already, when the door swung open, giving way to the scary man I saw at school. In his hands, he held an AK, ready to fire at me. I yelped and hid behind the desk, crouching down, as he exhaled.

"Get up, will you. Sit down on the couch there," he ordered. 

I hesitantly got up and shifted towards the couch, when another man came in with a weird instrument in his hand. His long blonde hair was tied up in a knot, and signs on his black leather jacket made it seem like he came straight out of a motorcycle gang.

"What's that for?" I queried carefully, nodding at the flat metal object. They didn't reply. 

The blonde man came up to me and started moving the object along my legs. It was a metal detector, I realized with a shock. They were going to take my diamonds. A tracking device has metal in it, right? 

The feeling of having sand all over me, turning my clothes into sandpaper, was returning, as was the light-headedness. 

Slowly, the man moved the object towards my neck, having cleared both my legs and upper body. My hands were shaking, knowing damn right that those studs were the only way out of here alive.