Like an Adult

I knew this was the point in time when I had to make up my mind whether I was going to have a serious relationship with a girl nine years younger than me. 

I knew if I was, I wouldn't be able to give her enough of my time. I knew if I was, I was going to feel even more guilty about not being able to get Hannig behind bars. But I knew if I wasn't-

"Do you eat your croissants with anything on it?" she put an abrupt end to my train of thoughts. 

Her wet hair clung to her beautiful skin as my gaze lowered to her breasts and her ribs, her too flat of a stomach and her delicious thighs and what was between them. I was still dying to taste her. I wish she would let me.

"No." 

Samantha took a sponge and washed herself quickly, before reaching up and turning off the water stream. It's fine. You can shower as long as you want, whenever you want. Better yet, stay here forever. I promise I won't mind.

"Am I too young?" she suddenly asked, deep blue eyes staring into mine. 

She made my stomach flutter. I wanted to slam her into the floor and fuck her senseless. I wanted her to kiss me softly and tell me everything was alright. Was she too young?

"Yeah you are." My legs were getting rather painful, so I sat down. "The other day, I saw kids."

"I can't give you kids yet."

"I know."

"In a long time." Goosebumps were starting to crawl over her skin, due to the sudden lack of warmth provided by the shower.

"I know."

"Why the hell would you care for the future? You fucking idiot." Her sudden offensive words made my head jolt up and meet her gaze, my mouth parted. Excuse? "Do you want kids, right here, right now?" she continued, "No, you don't. You're afraid of being in a relationship and you're trying to find petty excuses to talk yourself out of one."

"Maybe I am. Or maybe we were just having a normal conversation and you started acting like you know me inside out," I snapped, fighting every urge to rise and walk away.

"Tell me then, do you take me seriously? As a woman? Not as some girl with a tight pussy?" 

Her question struck me. What did I do to make her want to confirm that? It made me even angrier than I already was.

"I do."

"I take you seriously, too. A lot," she retorted like it was an insult, her lips trembling. They were getting blue.

"Oh yeah?" I shuffled closer, not even caring about the wet floor anymore, and grabbed her chin. "Then why the hell would you ask me such a question? I could ask you too, am I just a fulfillment of your fetishes? But I don't. You know why? Because-"

"You're an adult," she finished, wrapping her arms around my neck and getting on her knees to plant a kiss on my lips, her eyes staring into mine like she might burst into tears at any moment. "But you can. Ask me. You're not. I love you."

I felt like I sunk into the floor at her simple words. Like the lack of oxygen in the bathroom suddenly forced its way down my throat. Maybe the panic that was rising inside was indeed what she called fear of starting a relationship, maybe I was afraid of her.

"Fuck off." I grabbed her shivering body by the waist, ready to lift her off me.

"I do. And I want to be with you, too. Not just because you have a rain shower."

"You're being egotistic." She was too close. Her lips, her hair, her skin, her eyes. I wanted to crawl away at the sight of her eyes.

"And you're being block-headed. Tell me you love me back," the girl demanded. I scoffed, going over her sides and leaving goosebumps. 

She was always acting like she could fight. But one wasn't so vulnerable while saying such selfish words. Under my suit, goosebumps crawled over my arms at the nearness of her naked body.

"I will, Sam, but I can't stand you preaching onto me."

"Get over yourself." She kissed me on my forehead, on my nose, on my cheek and on my jaw. A warm fuzzy feeling flooded me as her trembling hand enclosed mine.

"And you get over yourself. Really. Maybe I was still figuring out what I wanted."

"And that calls himself an adult," she spoke, and fell on my chest. 

Desire was burning inside of me. Wanting to burn her. I held her firmly and caught her cheeks between my fingers, bringing my face closer to hers. Her eyes held the secret of being intimidated, more so because we both liked it that way.

"Look who's finally found a voice to speak up. Gonna tell your ex to piss off from your life now as well? You know, your whole face is begging me to shut you up. You're a fucking masochist." 

She giggled, even though it sounded more like a whimper, and went over my arm, making my mouth twitch as well. Her breathing was unsteady as she leaned forward to kiss me, but I held her back.

"Then what does that make you?" she let out, a smile that was neither condescending nor teasing nor warm lingering on her lips, while she brushed with her fingers over mine. Her gaze was telling me she had me. She saw through me. She was daring me to contradict my words and kiss her. 

So I did. Because I loved her.