06 - Courtney Crimson

Courtney POV

"I spread the rumors about Hannah because the boys at our school started making sexual calls and asking me and Hannah to sleep with them." The Baker's lawyer looked pleased with my answer.

"You're telling me you are not a lesbian but how sure were you that Hannah wasn't a lesbian ?" My breath got caught in my throat. This questions are making me uncomfortable. I want to be done with this. "Yes I'm sure."

The lawyer made a thinking face and then approached me. "I think that it was Hannah that started all the rumors to get some attention. She used you because she had a crush on you right ?"

She is making Hannah sound like complete slut. "No it's not true because it was the other way around." The lawyer pulled away from my face.

Curiosity filled her eyes. "Explain." I looked up at my dad's. They looked worried. I was scared as hell. "I had a huge crush on a girl in our school. When we kissed that night I told Hannah about it. She was trying to be a good friend. So she kissed me back hoping that my feelings for the other girl would disappear. I was a horrible friend but that night she was so nice to me. She always was."

The lawyer looked shocked at my answer and she backed away. People in the court room became very quiet. I just outed myself to the world in fucking court.

Tyler's POV

The whole picture room was trashed. Clay knocked and came inside. He looked around at the mess. "What happened?" Shaking my head I picked up some of my lenses.

"Fucking Montgomery! Who else?" I know they would came for me. I should have kept my fucking mouth. "He did this ? I tought Lara told you it was all good."

Laughing at that statement I turned towards him. "No man it's never all good. That fucking boyfriend of hers. I don't get why she is still with him."

Clay nods in agreement. I know how close they were in middle school. The three musketeers. He was always way closer to her than Skye. I always thought they would date one day. Fuck how wrong was I ?

"What do you need or did you came to look at the destruction of my life ?" He fiddles in his bag and pulls out a polaroid. "That is shit photography." He looks at me as if I grew 2 heads. "Why because you can't make a copy ?"

Shaking my head. "No you can make a copy of anything. You just take a digital picture of it. But yeah if you want one photo you take a polaroid." He nods and pushes it back in his pocket.

"Do you know Scott Reed ?" Well who doesn't.  Star athlete. "Yeah he is a baseball player and friends with Bryce why ?" He shakes his head. Pushes his hands into his pockets before jolting out of the classroom.

Lara's POV

After school I heard about what Courtney said in court today. That was really brave of her to come out like that even when I don't like her very much.

I went over to Monet's hoping to have a talk with Skye. I was trying to repair our friendship. When I got there I saw Courtney sitting at a table alone doing some homework. I swallowed my pride and walked straight over.

"What you did today, I thought was pretty brave." She looked up. Her eyes big and then a blush appeared on her cheeks. "Thank you, I guess." I pulled the chair out and sat next to her.

"Was it hard telling the truth?" She nodded putting her pen down. "But it was time I can't hide forever." She can't look at me and I feel that is partly my fault.

"Look Courtney I know I'm the girl you talked about in court today. I wanted to say that I'm sorry for ever looking down on you and treating you like shit. I'm also sorry that I don't return those feelings. Your a great girl but I know there is someone out there that would be amazing for you. That girl aint me."

She finally looked up at me. Her eyes glossed with tears. She nods and whips them away. "It's not your fault that I developed this stupid crush. But thank you for the apology." I rest my hand on hers for awhile.

Looking around I don't see Skye here so I decided to just leave. Bryce said something about going over to his place tonight. Not a party just a small hang out for friends.

I rushed home where I found Carly sitting on the couch waiting for me. "Finally your home. Here I thought you walked away because of Mom and her stupid comments."

I slowly walk forward and sat down on the opposite couch. "What's wrong ?" She turns off the tv and gives me her full attention. "I'm going back to London this weekend. I won't be here for your court day. I'm so so sorry Lara." I shake my head. I'm used to this family putting their needs infront of the family. "It's fine Carly. Go and be the designer you want to be. It's just a court day no big deal."

Angry with her I go up to my room and slam the door shut. I supported her every time a stupid asshole broke her heart but the one time I need her she choses London. Fucking perfect. I get into the shower and start to get ready to go over to Bryce's.

 I get into the shower and start to get ready to go over to Bryce's

Lara's outfit for the night 🦞

"I'm going to Bryce's. Don't wait up." Before I could get an answer I slipped out the door. I don't need a lecture.