15 - Marcus Cole

Lara's POV

We make our way down the hall. Bryce and Chloe infront holding hands like the golden couple. I can't seem to find a reason to like her. I don't hate her but she is a smart girl that does really stupid things. Like she tries so hard to fit in as the girlfriend of THE Bryce Walker.

Zach walks next to him. He looks like he is in another world. Something is bothering him. I'm in the middle of Scott and Monty at the back. Monty has his arm around my shoulders/neck. Mine are wrapped around his waist. Keeping him close.

As we walk Zach turns to Monty. "I'm worried about history. Seriously no kidding." I can see he is stressed. He looks at me and then back at Bryce and Chloe. She's giggling about something.

"Why don't you ask your boyfriend for help, oh wait his brain damage." Scott begins to laugh and I just give him a side glance. What is it with him and Alex today. Bryce turns to look at us. "Your just jealous he had a brain to damage, Monty."

Chloe grabs his forearm proud. The girl is seriously working on my nerves. "Look who's talking, Walker." My comment makes him snicker. Monty kisses the side of my head. Pulling me closer into his side. Chloe looks over her shoulder at me and I raise my eyebrow.

"Guys if I don't ace this test I'll drop below a C." Bryce tabs him on the arm. "So play the dad card again, Mcath will let you slide." That was a low blow from Bryce. I tense my muscles and Monty feels it. He looks at me with a question look.

"It's not a card, dude." Bryce seems to realize what he said so he pulls away slightly from Chloe. "Yeah, fuck sorry brother. You know what I mean." Zach turns to look at the couple next to him.

"If Chloe hadn't stopped with study group." She looks up and turn towards them. Bryce looks at her with a proud smile. "Sorry, Zach I've just been so busy with everything." This causes Monty to laugh. "Oh you mean busy doing Bryce."

Bryce starts laughing and kisses Chloe head. Chloe looks back at us. "I'm sorry if your jealous Monty. I know Lara can't give you the same." This girl knows how to piss me off. I look at her and give her my famous smirk. "You don't know what I can give."

Monty startes laughing letting his hand fall to my ass. She looks at me with a shocked expression. "Baby, Lara is a rough girl. How else would she have been able to keep Monty ?"

I take this comment as a way to piss Chloe off more. I know she competes with me in academic. She is competition but not really. I have all AP classes she only has 2 or 3. I have a 4.3 score she has a 3.6 score. Sports I'm captain of all the sport I compete in. Cheerleading I gave to her because I feel like dropping it.

She knows that because coach made it clear that's the only reason we are co-captains. "That's right Bryce, girls can't compete with me. On ANY level." Monty leans in to whisper in my ear. "I fucking love it when your jealous."

I just give him a smack and he laughs. Chloe is dead silent. Zach decided to speak again. "I gave him your number the rest of it isn't my fault."

We stop at the stairs. Zach and Monty have history now. I don't take history. It's really stupid for me actually so I changed history for AP economics. "Meaning what exactly?"

Bryce looks at Zach as he starts with the stairs. "Meaning I have to get to class." Monty grabs my face and kisses me deeply. A smack on the ass and he rans up after Zach. "What's going on there Walker?" Scott puts his hand on Bryce's shoulder. I look after them and then behind me to where I see Clay and Jessica looking at us.

"He has alot on his mind. I don't blame him." He turns to walk away. Pulling Chloe with him. "You coming,Hastings?" I turn to look at them. Chloe doesn't look at me more the ground. "No I'll  catch up. I have AP economics now."

Scott looks impressed and Chloe's jaw just dropped to the floor. "Ah I see smart girl. How the fuck did you end up with Monty ?" Scott laughs again. He and Bryce share a look. Chloe looks uncomfortable. "Because his the only guy that can handle this 'rough girl'."

Putting air quotes on the rough girl. They start to laugh and walk futher down the hall. Chloe looks back at me but I turn and walk to Mr Ford's classroom.